SUper Davey. Trailer question.

Started by Woofentino Pugrossi, September 08, 2004, 07:06:38 PM

Woofentino Pugrossi

You sell PAce trailers right?

Coupel questions.

1. How much of a PITA is it to have brakes installed on a 6X12 SA that wasnt equipped with them from the factory? DO you need new axles or would the new hubs mount on teh current axle?

2. Does pace sell replacement side doors? I would like to get one with a paddle latch instead of the bar type latch so it would be more convienent to shut at the track instead of shutting the door and closing the bar to keep it shut.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Super Dave

No longer in the trailer business.

Putting brakes on a trailer ususally isn't too bad.  The axles probably have the backing plates to take the electric brake backing plates.  You'll need them, the brake hub/drums.  That's probably $250 or so there.  Wire it up with a 7 way and you're ready to go.  You might want a trailer breakaway too.  $25 to $50.  Brake controller on the vehicle...I use Drawtite controllers myself.  You get what you pay for.  Cheap ones don't last.  You're gonna drop $100 to $250 there.

Door?  Just get the paddle lock.  Probably $20 to $40.
Super Dave

Woofentino Pugrossi

Tanks. ;D ;D

Just wish I ordered the brakes with the trailer. Didnt really think about needing them. But with a chance of heading out east next fall for a rally, would prefer some extra stopping power going through the appilachia mts. (spelling?) with 2 ful size bikes in the trailer (one of the racebikes and hopefully a harley).
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

tzracer

Rob, I fitted brakes to a trailer that did not have them. Not very difficult to do. I had more trouble wiring the tow vehicle than the trailer. Take off a wheel, you should see a square or round plate with 4 holes in it. This is the mounting plate for the brake backing plate. If you know the axle brand and model, it can make things much easier. I bought my parts from Tom's Trailers outside Milwaukee, they had everything I needed in stock.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke