News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Public Plea to Dawn

Started by Burt Munro, August 12, 2004, 01:13:57 PM

Burt Munro

Dawn,

As others have already stated - please don't make a rash decision.  Please take some time and if you still feel the same way about leaving, then I'm sure everyone (hopefully) will understand.

I am probably more guilty than most for helping the 'D' subject to fester.  I explained in my PM to you why.  I also stated that I would never again participate in that kind of bashing if it would help matters.  You responded to my PM in a calm, informative manner.  You also explained that you did not have the capability to bannish anyone from the board.  I was not aware of that and I guess I should have known.

Yes, I posted the Top 8 posters thread.  I was trying to make a point as to how quickly the direction of this board has changed and become dominated by one individual.  I enjoy jabs and counterpuches as much as anyone.  What I don't enjoy are the continual layers of B.S. that have become so pervasive.  Yes, I have a choice as to which topics I read.  I could easily choose not to read topics posted by certain individuals.  But, when that certain individual seems to be EVERYWHERE and it's difficult (i.e., nearly impossible) to avoid his crap, it becomes frustrating.

I guess I need to look as his postings as akin to an alcoholic or a drug addict.  He can't help himself.  I think that's where the frustration sets in.  If he just wouldn't spew so much crap, I think he wouldn't receive so much abuse.  But obviously, like an addict, he can't control himself.

Dawn, in my PM to you I noted my understanding of what a thankless job you have here.  I also noted how much I appreciated the tone that you tried to maintain. I can only imagine how the negatives can become so overwhelming.  It's easy to focus on those negatives.

Please reconsider.  I know I speak for virtually everyone who is a regular visitor here.  You have allowed me to reconsider my actions.  Please do the same with your decision.  

Rick Weaver
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteI guess I need to look as his postings as akin to an alcoholic or a drug addict.  He can't help himself.  I think that's where the frustration sets in.  If he just wouldn't spew so much crap, I think he wouldn't receive so much abuse.  But obviously, like an addict, he can't control himself.

Rick Weaver
Even your apology has a Dan bash in it...  Sorta negates the whole thing, doesn't it?

As one of the top posters, I will truly miss Dawn as moderator.  She has maintained the same tone of humor, camaradere and friendly competition that makes it so much fun to be at the track.  Of course our wives, girlfriends and children are at the track.  Why can't we display that same honorable behavior here?  
If this board goes to hell, I won't be coming back here.  That would make me really sad, because this is my most affordable way to enjoy the people I race with.  When you're only a half-fast guy like me, the social aspect of racing becomes it's main allure.  Obviously, it is possible to drive Dawn out and take this board over.  I wonder why anyone would want to do that though.  Aren't there other forums that cater to lies, rumors, character assasination and being a Class A jerk?  
Screw free speech.  You can practice that anywhere.  This forum has been really fun until lately, and that is not just because of Dawn.  It was due to the attitudes of those who posted here.  With some new posters that attitude is changing.  I wish it wouldn't.  But Dawn can't ban people, so if someone wants to be rude, annoying or hurtful, then it is their right to behave as badly as they want to.  In the end, it is up to us to self-police.  I am a top poster, I think Dawn has only had to edit me once.  Why?  Because I have displayed common decency.  Simply put, it is up to us what content we post.  I only hope that everyone can get their acts together.  
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Super Dave

Dawn needs to decide.  She might be sick and tired.

Yoda...didn't he chastise Luke Skywalker for not remaining the the present...not focusing on where he was and what he was doing.

So, goes some of this stuff.  Seems as though some wish to be part of something and bash things around.

Sit down, shut up, and hang on...
Super Dave

Burt Munro

QuoteEven your apology has a Dan bash in it...  Sorta negates the whole thing, doesn't it?

Chris,

Consciously, it was not my intent that the statement come across as 'a slam'.  I seem to recall Dan himself making a comment to that effect - that he couldn't help himself sometimes.  As far as a negative connotation to being an addict - that again I don't see as a negative - only if you fail to recognize and refuse to try and fight it.  I guess after having lived with an alcoholic step-father for 30 years my perception may be different than others.  I truly believe that some people are genetically and chemically predisposed to being susceptible to addictions.  It's all in how you choose to react to it once you know.

I share many of your same feelings about the change in tone that has overtaken the board recently.  I know I am willing to do whatever I can to not encourage that tone.  I, like you, enjoy sharing jabs with friends on the board.

The original intent of my post stands firm - hoping that Dawn will reconsider leaving.

Rick

Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

4and6Shawn

It's amazing that one idiot can get everyone so worked up. There are morons that go on every board out there and piss people off. If you ignore them they go away after a short while. Is Dan dangerous by being on this board ? I doubt it , If you don't like his posts ignore them. Hey it's just a message board .  Jim

Mark Bernard

Dawn... you do what you have to do. You have my support in any decision that you make concerning being moderator on this board. I just want yo to know that I for one, appreciate all your time and effort in keeping this a clean fun forum.
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

K3 Chris Onwiler

Quote I truly believe that some people are genetically and chemically predisposed to being susceptible to addictions.  It's all in how you choose to react to it once you know.

Personally, I just deny having a problem.  Then I go buy more tires...
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

smoke

QuoteSit down, shut up, and hang on...

:o :o :o :o Oh SH*T