News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Overall Points!!!!!

Started by Ryan125, August 03, 2004, 05:00:48 PM

ekraft84

Buying a championship/plate like that is sad.

CCS should only take the top 5 rider finishes and count that towards the overall.

People pulling in after one lap.  Riding every possible class.  How hollow is that ..

Eddie Kraft - #48
Witchkraft Racing
Honda East Racing - Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Aprilia

ecumike

QuoteIm in mid-atlantic region. its just that if you enter a ton of races and you dont do well in any of them and you just show up and do a few laps and pull in. How in the world do you deserve a #1 or a track champion. its simple YOU DONT!
What's with all the hostility Ryan?

First off.. is someone doing this, b/c I don't see how this is possible to do.

Secondly.. club racing is all about the money.. Yuppers, that's right. Whether it's entering a lot of races, having a couple bikes, paying for setup/tuning or just doing trackdays/schools to get fast.. ANY way you cut it.. you gotta have money to play and those that do are usually the top guys/gals.

If you've got money, you can have bike(s) enter a lot of race and just do OK and be champion, or you can have 1 bike, pay someone for setup and tuning, do a lot of trackdays & schools, practice and really learn to go fast and be #1.  

But really... it's all about the Benjamins.

Lowe119

Do you get any special perks for being the #1 champ or track champ? I heard once that all of your races the following season are free...... Is that true?

EX#996

QuoteDo you get any special perks for being the #1 champ or track champ? I heard once that all of your races the following season are free...... Is that true?

Yes....

The track champion (both amateur and expert) get their race entries free, at that track only, for the next year.  This championship cannot be won two years in a row.

Dawn
Paul and Dawn Buxton

ecumike

Close...

10.4 TRACK CHAMPIONSHIP AWARDS - The Amateur and Expert Track Champions will receive free entries in all classes run
by CCS at the track he/she holds the Championship at for the 2004 season.
10.4.1 2003 Track Champions will not be eligible for the 2004 Track Championship and it's award.

EX#996

Yep....

Exactly what I said, or am I missing something?

Dawn  
Paul and Dawn Buxton

ecumike

I didn't see your post when I posted.

Sorry.

Eric Kelcher

CCS rulebook 3.4.7.A(1)
I cannot cut and paste from PDF. How do you do that?
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Old808

Buying CCS #1 plates is old news. Get used to it or race WERA.

EX#996

QuoteI didn't see your post when I posted.

Sorry.

Oooops!  If I looked at the post times, I could have realized it.

Eric,

When viewing the PDF files there should be a Text botton on the tool bar.  Hit that and then you should be able to copy and paste.

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Eric Kelcher

Thanks Dawn

3.4.7 Scoring Procedures
A. To be classified on the results, after starting from the race grid or pit road, the rider and machine must complete one
lap and cross the finish line either on the track or on pit road.
(1). Any rider deemed to be abusing this procedure will be penalized or disqualified. This is a judgment call by the
Referee or Race Director and is not protestable.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Lowe119

QuoteYes....

The track champion (both amateur and expert) get their race entries free, at that track only, for the next year.  This championship cannot be won two years in a row.

Dawn

So it would be worth the money to buy a championship if you planned on racing a lot next year also...... This year would be a lot, but next year would be cheap (comparatively).