News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Cornercamping Dan

Started by Dawn, July 31, 2004, 05:01:43 AM

cornercamping

Quote;D

Dan,

I've had other feedback that I will not post about this. Ê(Even E-bay has deactivated your accounts - Don't try and defend, we don't want to here it.) Ê

I've defended you on the board. Ê

Feel free to post on the board, but do not conduct any transactions on this BBS (Tires, bikes, ect.....) Ê That's what I am asking. ÊEnd of story.

Dawn

Ebay deactivated my account because I kept responding to spoof emails.  One time a guy used my account to bid on a $300K boat.  I still have an ebay account, how do you think I'm gonna ebay the parts off the next 600 I'm gonna buy?  What feedback?  I wanna see it.  Your assuming it's true because of ???  That's not justifiable?  I have NEVER bought anything from anyone online that I have not paid for.  Infact, the ONLY thing I ever bought from anyone on a motorcycle forum is a 4-Wheeler, which I picked up at WERA's GNF last year, and some numbers from Stumpy, which I bought right away.

>:(

G-WizGraphix

QuoteFor you nothing.  For me:

I would have had Keith redo the front forks for ME.  Same for the rear shock.  Chances are I'd replace some parts with Ohlins, because that's what my mechanic recommends. I would have had him also do the geometry on the bike.   The exhaust I would have left alone.  I would've swapped the bodywork with some new stuff painted the way I want. I would have changed the wheels, and the gas cap.  That's about it.  I don't like the twisty type caps, because I had an incident where I forgot the cap, and ended up with 3 gallons of gas in my lap.  Other than that, nothing.

Could I have rode it with no changes other than side covers.  Yes, but I wouldn't have.  

Keith, of all people, should know that I don't just leave any bikes alone.  The minute I get a new bike, it goes to him for suspension, and some other bits and bolts.  It's all about my preference, and nothing more.  It has nothing to do with what's already there.  I don't think I have ever bought a bike and didn't do something.

Then why waste my time ?  That's all ....

Joe

cornercamping

I wasn't wasting your time.  This would have been on ANY bike.  New or used, it still had to be set up for me the way I want it.  Your bike would have been less work.  That's just it. It would have been about $300.00 cheaper to set up FOR ME in the long run.  All the stuff I would've taken off your bike, would've been on Ebay to help get back some of the money I spent on new stuff.  It wasn't a waste of time.  I have never, ever bought a bike and just rode it without setting it up for me specifically first.  Sorry, that's my deal.  I buy a bike, and set it up.

Infact, the Ducati 996 I'm gonna pick up needs:

New springs front and rear

and I want a slipper in it.

Other than that, it's ready to go.  

and even after the Ducati, I'm still looking for an R6

Dawn

Sorry Dan...

I'm tired of reading "When are you..."  "I thought you said..." "Where's my..."

If you want to buy or sell anything, don't use this BBS to do it. If anyone chimes in on a thread with the above responses, I will tell them to take it off line.

End of story.

Dawn