News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Cornercamping Dan

Started by Dawn, July 31, 2004, 05:01:43 AM

cornercamping

If I took a 2004 R6 and bought it at the price we know I can get it for in OH, and then ebay'd the street parts, I could build a race bike for about $300.00 more than you want for your 03' R6.  That is what made up my mind.  I called to verify the price for the 04' when I got home, and built a race bike on paper, and priced the whole thing out.  I couldn't compare a 04' R6 like that to yours until I actually saw yours.  That's why I wanted to come see it.  

G-WizGraphix

But if you decided that "Hey .... i don't want the bike after all " you lose $500 ..... That is what a deposit is ....

Yes, I know what Honda East is selling R6's for ...  $7200 O-T-D .... lets say you sell the bodywork .. ( $1100 ) .. that will pay for your Bodywork and rear shock ... then you still need to get. .. Forks Done .... Damper, rearsets, Power Commander, Full Exhaust, clip-ons, Steel Braids, Brake Pads, Paint for Bodywork, Tires, 520 Kit, ZG windscreen,  which my bike has all this done already .....

If you know what you can get a new R6 for .. and build it yourself .. why bother with mine ?

Joe

cornercamping

7200?

$6800.00 OTD

Ebay the street parts for $1600.00 (I've done this twice with 04' R6 parts) and sell the new wheels for $500.00 complete.

Then,

Ohlins rear shock: $800.00
Supersport Kit: $300.00
Exhaust: $800.00
Plastics: Already have a set of brand new SharkSkinz in the garage from last winter.
Clipon's: Have 3 sets of woodcraft in the garage from past bikes
Case Covers: $300.00
Wheels: I have a set of Marchesini's that will fit, so I'll sell the stockers
Fairing Stay: $200.00
Rearsets: $300.00

= $400.00 and I probably have more parts in the garage for an 04' R6 than I can think of off the top of my head.  I have a lot of crap in the garage.

I bought an 04' R6 over the winter, and stripped it to race prep it.  I took it to Jennings and did a track weekend in Dec. I think.  Came back, and someone made me an offer that made me a few hundred, so I sold it.  All the parts I ordered for that bike that I didn't sell with it are sitting in the garage.

Dawn

Xian....

While it's true that anyone can vote, we may get a general feel of what's going on here.

Corner Camping....

Have you ever followed through with the Dunlops you promised another member of this forum?  As of today's date, probably not.  SBKKeith, well, I guess you've answered that one, however no one wants to read "Hey Dan, I thought you were...."

I thought you were going to be at Gingerman this weekend?  Once again, you said you were going to do something and now......

Feel free to post, but at this time, unless you start following through and being true to your word, don't plan on doing any transactions through this BBS.  Keep it off line.

You mess with the members on this CCS forum, you're messing with me.  This race community is part of my family.

Dawn

G-WizGraphix

$6800 - $1500 (street parts ) = $5300

Plus -

$800 - shock
$300 - Supersport kit
$800 - cheap exhaust
$300 - Case Covers
$200 - Fairing Stay
$300 - rearsets

Comes to $8000

then you need
$160 - SS lines and pads
$200 - 520 Kit ( Sprockets and chain  )
$400 - STeering Damper
$300 - Power Commander

Now you are at $9060.

I would have let you have the bike for $6500
But you didn't even MAKE AN OFFER !

Like I said .. why did you bother  if you had all the parts already ?

Look man ... I've been doing this for a LOOOONG time .. this is beating a dead horse ... have fun ...

Joe

cornercamping

Dawn..

SBKKeith is a friend of mine.  We have done tons of transactions in the past.  He was trying to get me a message, and nothing more. That doesn't involve anyone on the BBS.

As far as the Dunlops are concerned, I talked to 251am via PM.  

Again, WHAT HAVEN'T I FOLLOWED THRU ON?  Where did I say that I was going to buy anything from anyone?  Your poll asked if I follow thru with purchases or sales.  What have I sold that I didn't follow thru on.  I told 251 am that he could have the Dunlops.  I didn't sell him anything. Your making it seem that I keep making promises to purchase something, and I don't get it and screw people over.  When have I ever done that?  
I'm not going to Gingerman until tomorrow.  What does that have anything to do with this poll?  Does it really matter to the BBS when I go to Gingerman?  If I don't go, does it hurt someone's feelings or something?  Am I obligated to go?  What if I can't go because I broke my leg?  What if I had a heart attack and can't go?   What if????   Who cares?  I said I was going and I'm going to go.  Your not making any sense here    Dawn.   I don't understand where this is coming from..  ??? Again, what purchase did I give my word on that I didn't follow thru????????????

sbkkeith

The 749S I was referring to, had:

BST Carbon Wheels
STM Slipper Clutch
Termi Exhuast 3/4 system
New ECU
Carbon Air Runners
CycleCat Rearsets
Ohlins R&T Forks (I added)
Ohlins Corsa Shock (I added)
Ohlins Damper.[/quote]

Oh my God I can't stand it any more! Here is the truth about the 749.

BST carbon wheels, True

STM slipper clutch, Lie

Termi 3/4 system if thats what they call it even though it's just a can and a short rear header pipe.

The carbon air runners were not even available yet so lets tell the truth that they were really just carbon covers over the stock tubes.

Cycle Cat didn't even make the rear sets for the 749/999 till the begining of this season.

The Ohlins forks were take offs from my 999s.

The Ohlins shock was far from being a corse shock as it was also a take off from my 999s as was the Ohlins damper.

As for the $ that you paid for the stuff I think you are a little off base there too. I'll be nice and only hammer you about the stuff that you purchased directly from me.

The Ohlins upgrade package "$7000.00" I Wish!
I let you skate with all of the Ohlins stuff for $3000.00

So Dan just try telling the truth for once it really isn't that bad! I don't want anyone to get the idea that we would charge $7000.00 for a full set of Ohlins.

Keith

cornercamping

QuoteLike I said .. why did you bother Êif you had all the parts already ?

Look man ... have fun ...

Joe

Did you think I was going to leave the bike the way you had it set up?  Nope, I would set it up the way I want it.  Parts are worthless if there isn't a bike to put it on.     Nevermind.... :-/

G-WizGraphix

Oh... besides the engine covers ..... what was wrong with the bike ?

Funny how it does 1:25's at  Grattan with how I have it set up ...

Your right Dan ... Nevermind ....

Joe

cornercamping

QuoteThe 749S I was referring to, had:

BST Carbon Wheels
STM Slipper Clutch
Termi Exhuast 3/4 system
New ECU
Carbon Air Runners
CycleCat Rearsets
Ohlins R&T Forks (I added)
Ohlins Corsa Shock (I added)
Ohlins Damper

Oh my God I can't stand it any more! Here is the truth about the 749.

BST carbon wheels, True

STM slipper clutch, Lie

Termi 3/4 system if thats what they call it even though it's just a can and a short rear header pipe.

The carbon air runners were not even available yet so lets tell the truth that they were really just carbin covers over the stock tubes.

Cycle Cat didn't even make the rear sets for the 749/999 till the begining of this season.

The Ohlins forks were take offs from my 999s.

The Ohlins shock was far from being a corse shock as it was also a take off from my 999s as was the Ohlins damper.

As for the $ that you paid for the stuff I think you are a little off base there too. I'll be nice and only hammer you about the stuff that you purchased directly from me.

The Ohlins upgrade package "$7000.00" I Wish!
I let you skate with all of the Ohlins stuff for $3000.00

So Dan just try telling the truth for once it really isn't that bad! I don't want anyone to get the idea that we would charge $7000.00 for a full set of Ohlins.

BULLSH@T  >:(  I bought the STM from Martin.  You were supposed to put it in, and I sold the bike before it happened.   I bought the Termi system for $3,000.00 from Paul Lasko cause NOBODY else had it.  Remember? The air runners were covers.  Sorry,  I didn't know how to explain them.  I call them runners and they still cost $200.00. I did too get the CycleCat's for the bike.  Never put them on.  Chuck didn't like them, so I kept them.  As far as Ohlins pricing, I didn't think you'd appreciate me telling people what you charge ME for stuff.  Sorry, I put retail.   Next time I'll disclose how much you charge me for sh@t as opposed to regular customers, seeing that I spent almost $20K with you last season.  Check your books, or do you want me to scan all the statements from my bank to show it. Next time I'll just put what I buy sh@t for so everyone knows.  I'm assuming that I get a little better pricing than alot of other people.   >:(

Do you want me to also say that I only paid $2K for the BST's too.  How about all of our other good deals?  Want me to keep listing prices?  Now I'm just pis@ed off.  How about the deal on my 749S.  Think Ducati would approve of the price I got it for?  Think Suzuki and Yamaha would approve the pricing I get for a new bike?  Or, should I just shut my mouth and post retail like I've been so people don't get pissed that I opened my mouth and they get in trouble and have pis@ed off customers. And sorry, last I thought was that the 999S forks were R&T "duplicates" and the shock was a "corsa duplicate" minus the remote adjuster.  Atleast that's what I understood at dinner from the Ohlins guys at Jennings....

>:(

Dawn

QuoteSo Dan just try telling the truth for once it really isn't that bad!  

;D

Dan,

I've had other feedback that I will not post about this.  (Even E-bay has deactivated your accounts - Don't try and defend, we don't want to here it.)  

I've defended you on the board.  

Feel free to post on the board, but do not conduct any transactions on this BBS (Tires, bikes, ect.....)   That's what I am asking.  End of story.

Dawn

cornercamping

QuoteOh... besides the engine covers ..... what was wrong with the bike ?

Funny how it does 1:25's at ÊGrattan with how I have it set up ...

Your right Dan ... Nevermind ....

Joe

For you nothing.  For me:

I would have had Keith redo the front forks for ME.  Same for the rear shock.  Chances are I'd replace some parts with Ohlins, because that's what my mechanic recommends. I would have had him also do the geometry on the bike.   The exhaust I would have left alone.  I would've swapped the bodywork with some new stuff painted the way I want. I would have changed the wheels, and the gas cap.  That's about it.  I don't like the twisty type caps, because I had an incident where I forgot the cap, and ended up with 3 gallons of gas in my lap.  Other than that, nothing.

Could I have rode it with no changes other than side covers.  Yes, but I wouldn't have.  

Keith, of all people, should know that I don't just leave any bikes alone.  The minute I get a new bike, it goes to him for suspension, and some other bits and bolts.  It's all about my preference, and nothing more.  It has nothing to do with what's already there.  I don't think I have ever bought a bike and didn't do something.

Have I Keith?

Mille?
748?
749?
R6?
GSXR600?

and this was all LAST season.