News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

R6 to GSXR

Started by 621r6, October 03, 2002, 07:15:17 PM

621r6

All right you guys tell me what you think. I've been racing an R6 this year and I'm thinking of switching to a 750 gixxer. I love may 6 but I was thinking of trying something different. Tell me some pros/cons. Thanks ;D ;D

sportbikepete

LOL! After riding a GSXR750 for 3 years now I am thinking of switching to an R6 or GSXR600 after riding a GSXR600 this year once.

LSTD

... I plan on going from my 99 Gixxer750 to an R6 as well.

The R6 doesn't make as much hp, but being lighter than the Gixxer750, it will translate out into later braking and more corner speed ability.

It's a hard decision though... my 99 750 is so damn stable and the front end feedback is *great*... it feels pretty good when passing newer model 750's on the older one too.  8)  ::)

We'll see...

Super Dave

Hard to beat the versatility of a 600, and the Yamaha's turn so nice.

GSXR750 is good if you're gonna to AMA since you can still be reasonably competitive in Superstock.

The Yamaha is pretty good!
Super Dave

oh344ccs

It depends on what you're planning to race next year.  I Raced an 01 gsxr750 this year in a couple of events.  Next year I'll be on either an r6 or a gsxr 6.  But that's just so I can get more track time and races under my belt.  The 750 is nice when triing to pass 600's, but honestly my stock 750 dosen't pull a supersport built 600 much at all, it's still all about corner speed.   ;D