News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

ANOTHER NEWBIE QUESTION??

Started by firerider, May 24, 2004, 05:07:42 PM

firerider

First let me say hello to everyone!!!!! I have been doing track days for awhile and have decided(along with my brother) to get into racing :o So my only big question is-- We both are riding ZX-10R's on the track, looking at the rule book we should be able to start racing them right away--RIGHT??I know in WERA you cannot run a 1000cc bike unless you are an expert, but CCS looks different??  Well I hope to see some of you soon!!!! Thanks

Jay

tzracer

Yes, amateurs can ride a 1000cc 4 cylinder.

ULGP, ULSS, and GTO are all the classes I think you can run.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

firerider

Thanks for the info :) :) I see you are with learning curves. Both of use will need to get our license, so you may see us!!!! Thanks again!!

Jay

speedster_1

QuoteYes, amateurs can ride a 1000cc 4 cylinder.

ULGP, ULSS, and GTO are all the classes I think you can run.

Yeap, unless you go to a FL region race....NO GP races.  And No AM purses in FL. This my first season.  I prefer the UL classes above over the 600s am classes.  About half the grid size compared to the 600 sgrids.

Super Dave

Don't forget how much tires will cost you on your 10R's.

You could buy a couple of SV650's to race.  You'd learn more, and you'd have a budget to enter some races and keep tires under it.

1000cc race bikes don't resell very well either.  Back to someone having to buy tires again.

Hope that gives you some more ideas...
Super Dave

251am

Hey Jay, I don't mean to be a damper, but as Super Dave and 100 other guys mentioned to me last year it is expensive and a lot more to deal with all around, as far as liter bikes are concerned.
  I came across what I thought was a killer deal on a GSXR 1000 last fall, put the machine together for racing with all the legal goodies, and now the reality has set in;
     The three classes we can run in are all $70 classes with no price break as in 1st race $70, 2nd race $55, 3rd and all races thereafter $35. So, we're at $210 for a weekend's registration in three classes. Spendy, before throwing tires at it.
   Either way, welcome to the board and good luck in getting your licenses. You won't regret it.