News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

I guess bikers are second class citizens

Started by tshort, May 14, 2004, 09:41:33 AM

tshort

Quote MC riders need to be out there with the understanding that legally they have equal rights on the road, but realistically, they do not.

Umm...yeah...like I said - second class citizens.  (I have never seen someone argue so vigorously in support of the point I was trying to make, while trying to argue the other side).
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

tshort

QuoteOff the subject, Tom, I had fun racing with you at Heartland park Topeka last season.
That was fun - thanks 742.  Sorry to hear about the blown up bike, tho - that sux.  Back on it this year?  I was down at Gateway yesterday.  Like tigerblade said, it was pretty slim turnout, especially for LW - LWSS=3 bikes (in expert), and it was Suzuki Cup racing this weekend, so LWSS and Supertwins (8 bikes) were both Cup money classes.

Maybe we'll cross paths again - always up for some riding.  

Hey Cook - you coming out to BHF in a couple weeks?
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

Jeff

QuoteUmm...yeah...like I said - second class citizens.  (I have never seen someone argue so vigorously in support of the point I was trying to make, while trying to argue the other side).

hehe... see, we agree! lol...  I'll let it go, because I DO see your point, I just feel a little different about the responsibility here, and let's face it, NEITHER of us know all the facts on it...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

tshort

Quoteand let's face it, NEITHER of us know all the facts on it...

I'll cop to that - my initial post was based solely on what the Journal Sentinel article reported.  And we all know that you should believe every word you read in the papers, right? ;) ;D  Problem is, some people, especially non-bikers, *do* take it as given.  Then they get in their cages and figure, "oh what the heck - if I do accidentally mow down a biker it won't be a big deal.  I'll just tell the cop that I couldn't see him/her (they shouldn't let those crazy death machines on the roads anyways...)"  Ya know?  Good discussion, tho.
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

rubberducky

actually, after the motor blew, I said piss on it! I was planning on getting a 600 anyway. I moved to Ga this winter so I am running WERA mainly. There is some pretty tough comp. down here. My grids at Barber were 57-61-67. Not like in the lw class. Kind of crazy having to start in back with the squids. Or should I say scary. Are you coming down to Barber for CCS in aug.? It is so smooth, unlike topeka. By the way I have some pictures of us during that little battle. Couple are good the rest are so-so.

dylanfan53

QuoteHey Don. Aren't you a little old to be riding a Gixxer 1000? ;D
Nah.  Well...I'm a little too old to be riding with the front wheel in the air. :P ;)
Don Cook
CCS #53

dylanfan53

Quote Hey Cook - you coming out to BHF in a couple weeks?
Yep, I should be there.  Sorry I missed Gateway. This summer's going to be tough timewise.  I've got family responsibilities (good stuff I have to do with my teenage son) that will take me out of town a lot, but I hope to do most of the local race weekends. See you there!
Don Cook
CCS #53

tshort

Don - see you there, too (as long as it's not raining).  

Ducky - doubt I'll make it to Barber, altho it is a track that sounds like a lot of fun to check out.  If I do get down there, it would probably be with CCS - didn't renew WERA lic this year.  have fun with those guys (and ask Stumpy about 60 bike grids in middleweights - that was RA a few weeks ago - just in expert - another 40 in Am.  Wild).
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

Racingxtc7

I'm sure everyone has seen the new sign there putting up by road constuction" hit a road worker will cost you $14,000 and jail time"!!! The problem is the perception is that a car hits a motorcycle. THATS WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The car hits a MOTORCYCLIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The laws need to change so that hitting a motorcycle/motorcyclist is the same as hitting a pedestrian! A PERSON! Also, vehicles need to be consittered a killing device. I'd being willing to bet that a person has a better chance of surviving a gun shot than being ran over by car doing 65 mph.

Jeff

tigerblade

Did you guys see that Janklow got out of jail today?   >:(
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

Baltobuell

Yes I saw that and it's disgusting. Remember he was a politician/lawyer. If you would have run over him you'd be serving a life sentence. Different rules for different people is what undermines everything the USA is supposed to be about.

tzracer

The AMA is trying to get laws put in place to put more severe penalties for injuring/killing motorcyclists.

I street ride, as screwed up as the AMA is when it comes to racing, they do a great deal to help street riders (such as being able to use HOV and carpool lanes). That is why I am still a member since 1980.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke