News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

CBR600RR Race Exhaust and Suspension work

Started by wvracer97, May 07, 2004, 06:31:59 AM

wvracer97

Well, the Angels might be singing--
I have been asked to put together a proposal of performance parts needed by my first REAL potential sponsor... so, does anyone have any feedback on recommended suspension gurus and full exhaust setups for my '03 CBR600RR??  My bike is currently bone stock and I'd appreciate the help from anyone who has worked with some bike specific setups.  Thanks!!

lonewrench

call the lonewrench, he has a kit ehaust for that bike from hrc.   214-316-1155 ask for chuck
yours truly,
      the lonewrench

Super Dave

Suspension is key.  I'd do a GMD Computrack set up on it as the RR's are a bit weird.  You're not racing what the factory guys have.  I use http://4and6.com for my GMD and suspension set up.

Exhaust, I use the Micron Serpent.  HRC stuff is fine, IMO, but often built for top end power only.  Might not have the mid corner grunt necessarily that a normal mortal person would need.  And try getting replacement parts.  I would be a way cool piece though.
Super Dave

lonewrench

the cost of the hrc pipe is 700.00 includes shipping.this pipe is not comercially available.it is an hrc pipe produced by arrow.i purchased the pipe from a honda team last year and it has been sitting in my shop since.there is only one of two left.the pipe is stainless steel and all spring loaded for mounting ease. the unit ways about 12 lbs.
we also offer a suspension service.to view pricing please visit www.lonewrench.com  
yours truly,
      the lonewrench

bmfgsxr

pnther15

call Rob at Lithium motorsports....they are Traxxion Dynamics dealers and can get you EVERYTHING you'll need.  Pluss their whole team races on the rr's so they know them well and can also give you feedback from different exhausts (on that exact bike!!!)  Their number is 712/ 546-7747  

Good luck!

Dave
Lithium Motorsports,  Suspension Solutions, Vortex, and VP Fuels

cornercamping

If someone else is flipping the bill..

Full Yosh Tri-Oval Race System, titanium of course.
Ohlins Nitrogen Superbike forks for a measley $12k
Ohlins Corsa Rear Shock
Ohlins Damper
Brembo Monoblock SBK brake calipers
Brembo Radial Master
BST Carbon Wheels
STM Slipper clutch

and then call HRC for some engine tricks.

;D

or if you wanna be realistic, just do what everyone else said and pocket the other $45K in suspension and accessories.  :P

Rich

Rich
CCS EX GP 179
www.greenlawnracing.com
caferacerinc.com, TC Concepts, Extreme Cycle, Pit Bull, Vortex, Chickenhawk, XT Racing

Jeff

My life is on these things...

Exhaust - M4...  We have tried MANY different exhausts (including Micron) and are running the M4 with excellent results.

Suspension - Have the front reworked.  I personally use Ed Kwaterski from Trackside Engineering.  I have a penske 8661 rear shock, and the chassis setup is from Matt Drucker at MDRacing.

VP U4 is a must.
Radial master cylinder will be my next buy along with a Dynojet speedshifter.

If you have questions particular to this bike, email me jeff@cbr600rr.com
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

LMsports

Dave is correct, currently we race 7 600RRs on our team and have a ton of product knowledge for these bikes. We are also a Traxxion Dynamics certified suspension center, and since Max did the suspension work on the Canadian HRC team last year we have all the geometry numbers from his time working with this bike. As far as exhausts go, we use the Arrow exhaust. Arrow makes the HRC exhausts you see on factory Honda and Erion bikes. We used M4 in the past but had problems with them cracking the collectors and there was even some difficulty in the warranty process from them. Arrow is now sponsoring us and they are great about taking care of whatever we need ASAP. We pass that level of service on to our customers as well. Please feel free to call us if you have any specific questions we can help you with or if there is anything else you are wondering about.
Rob Oliva
Lithium Motorsports, Inc.
Suspension Solutions
712-546-7747
www.lithiummotorsports.net

stumpy

I have traxxion front and Penske Rear too. As far as exhausts, I run a full Hindle but am considering the super pimp Arrow Lithium guys can get.  

Oh and a word on frame sliders...Vortex sliders drag early. Teamate Johnson found out the hard way, Good thing it only took only two times ;D before he realized it. I went with the low profile YoYodines and was still draggin' those .

stumpy
Greg "Stumpy" Steltenpohl
www.teamstumpyracing.com

R1KILLER

hindle exhaust, usb powercommander, penske rear, thermos man for the front and he will set up the bike perfectly. scott damper works well with that bike, so i've heard.  but, these are just my oppinions.  good luck to ya!!