News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Suspension for Mortals??

Started by watsonx11, April 11, 2004, 08:39:19 PM

watsonx11

Have many of you read/seen this by Traxxion?  I've seen it on there web site, and have seen a couple of other things about it.  What do you guys think?  

dwilson

I guess it was worth $50...
I hoped to learn more about how suspension works and how to configure it.  The hole thing is about getting a feel for what your suspension is doing and how to explain to a shop what your suspesnion is doing, NOT how to fix it...

hooter31

OF COARSE NOT HOW TO FIX IT...THAN HE WOULD BE OUT OF BUSINESS.THEY ONLY WAY YOU CAN IMPROVE THE WAY YOUR BIKE HANDLES IS IF YOU CAN EXPLAIN WHATS HAPPENING,MAX ISN'T ABOUT TO TELL YOU HOW TO REBUILD FORKS AND SHOCKS,THATS HIS JOB...YOURS IS TO TELL HIM OR WHOEVER WHATS GOING ON,THEN THEY CAN FIX IT.IT DOES TELL YOU ABOUT REBOUND AND COMPRESSION SO YOU CAN FINE TUNE IT THOUGH

LMsports

This is an excellent product that provides a ton of information to users about their suspension. It will teach you things you probably didn't know about how your bike works and why. The thing about showing people how to work on thier own suspension as far as revalving, shimming, etc is that even with detailed instructions it is not as easy as most people think. There are quite a few specialty tools needed and quite a few procedures that have to be adhered to in order to actually provide a quality product. The best bet for riders interested in having a properly set up bike is to have a reputable suspension tuner assist you.
Rob Oliva
Lithium Motorsports, Inc.
Suspension Solutions
712-546-7747
www.lithiummotorsports.net

OmniGLH

I dunno... I bought it and wasn't impressed.  I'd say save your money.

Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

xseal

No information in this thing that you can't find in a back issue of Sportrider magazine. I can't believe they charge $15 for it, it should be offered for free. Nothing here beyond the basics of setting sag, and doing a baseline on compression and rebound. Save your dough.  A rip off in my view.

Ohfugit

Any other worthwhile reading on the subject??

251am

Reading on the subject; Performance Bikes, a brit mag, puts out a set-up manual with one of their mags once a year, June. Or, call Performance Bikes @ +44(0) 1733 468099. From the Aprilia RS250 to the YZF-R1, it covers 27 bikes in standard settings to the PB settings preferred by Ron Williams from Maxton Engineering in England. 84 pgs, first 10 pages cover basics of which adjustments do what, and where to go from there, and how to diagnose. Covers Aprilia, Duc, Honda, Kawi, Suz, Tri, Yam.    

howlieboy

Its very basic, but I still read it before every race weekend.  It reminds me what to look (feel) for.  I get so tied up in trying to go faster, sometimes, I forget to "feel" what the bike is doing.  The Penske manual is pretty good too.  
Kurt
www.d2cycles.com
www.caferacerinc.com