CCS and Fasttrax?

Started by cornercamping, March 22, 2004, 08:19:43 PM

03R6-Rider

QuoteI've raced Fasttrax for a couple of years, and really other than a couple events at my home track (Grattan), they don't have too many tracks available on the schedule.

Does Fasttrax only race at Nelson and Grattan?  Cornercamping, what did you think of Nelson after having gotten used to Grattan?  I've heard it's kind of a rough track.  Which classes do you race?  

cornercamping

QuoteDoes Fasttrax only race at Nelson and Grattan?  Cornercamping, what did you think of Nelson after having gotten used to Grattan?  I've heard it's kind of a rough track.  Which classes do you race?  

Nelsons mostly, atleast last year.  I ran an Endurance race at Grattan, and we were doing alright, but blew out the trans in a Gixxer 750 so we didn't finish.  As far as Nelsons, the track was crap but from what I've heard, it's been repaved this year.  Haven't seen it yet.  Track was in rough shape last year though.  I like Grattan.  It's easy to win races there when it's your home track and a bunch of new guys show up at Grattan that haven't been on it before.  Kind of like a home field advantage.  I'm not fast, but I know what not to do at Grattan, and where the lines are best for me.  I'd rather run Grattan than any other track.  Best tracks for me are:

Grattan
Gingerman
Jennings

I'm gonna run all the CCS, WERA, races at Grattan this year.  Atleast I'll have an advantage over the newbies that have ridden Grattan before.  It's not the easiest track to learn.  

03R6-Rider

Hmm, maybe I won't do the Nelson thing unless the track is in better shape.  Sounds like you've been kicking butt in Fasttrax (multiple podiums), where all have you raced with WERA?  I'd like to hear how your Grattan WERA experiences compare with your Grattan Fasttrax experiences.  Sounds like the turnout for the WERA regionals is a lot bigger.  

Thanks for your time, it's great to have an experienced guy like yourself offering some guidance!

cornercamping

QuoteHmm, maybe I won't do the Nelson thing unless the track is in better shape.  Sounds like you've been kicking butt in Fasttrax (multiple podiums), where all have you raced with WERA?  I'd like to hear how your Grattan WERA experiences compare with your Grattan Fasttrax experiences.  Sounds like the turnout for the WERA regionals is a lot bigger.  

Thanks for your time, it's great to have an experienced guy like yourself offering some guidance!

Yeah, uhm.. I've raced 1 WERA race and called that one quits. The pumpkin shirt didn't me crap to the WERA boys.  Went back to Fasttrax.  The difference, it's sick.  Kinda like comparing the advanced group (WERA) to the school group (Fasttrax) at a track day.  
As far as asking me for anything.. I suggest you ask someone else.  I'm slow.  Seriously, I'll admit that all day. Guidance?  Your asking the wrong person.  I'm not fast, but I'm also not dangerous.  I know how to ride, but just not as fast as everyone else  :P
I suggest you ask the Expert guys in here for advice, not me.  This is my 3rd year wearing yellow plates.  I'd like it to stay that way too.  ;)

cornercamping

Oh yeah, and the classes I've raced are:

GT I
GT III
Heavy Weight Twins (supertwins)
Superbike 600
Super Stock 600
Endurance (1 race w/fasttrax)

That's about it. I think.  Don't really remember. I've used different bikes.

03R6-Rider

QuoteYeah, uhm.. I've raced 1 WERA race and called that one quits. The pumpkin shirt didn't me crap to the WERA boys.  Went back to Fasttrax.  The difference, it's sick.  Kinda like comparing the advanced group (WERA) to the school group (Fasttrax) at a track day.

This is my 3rd year wearing yellow plates.  I'd like it to stay that way too.  ;)

That's a serious bummer, sounds like WERA's not the place for me either.  You must be expecting better expereinces this year though, if you're planning to ride with them again.  How did the WERA Grattan round you attended run with that many bikes and riders?  I like that track, just seems like it could get kinda crazy with a big big crowd.  

My bad on the experience thing, I must have misunderstood your previous posts.