CCS and Fasttrax?

Started by cornercamping, March 22, 2004, 08:19:43 PM

cornercamping

Recently, I've heard that CCS and Fasttrax have merged or formed some sort of alliance.  I've raced Fasttrax for a couple of years, and really other than a couple events at my home track (Grattan), they don't have too many tracks available on the schedule.  Couple quick questions:

1. Are my Fasttrax race number and future CCS (application to CCS in the mail already) going to be the same number?

2. Do Fasttrax races count twards CCS points and vice versa?

Sorry if this has been covered already.  I attempted to use the search function but the page keeps coming up unavailable.  Thanks.

8)

Eric Kelcher

1.Yes Fasttrax is a CCS region and your Fasttrax/CCS regionalnumber are one in the same

2. Don't quite understand what you mean by this but your Fasttrax regional points would count towards your grid position at the Race of Champions. Unsure how Fasttrax grids but CCS races are gridded by entry date (other than ROC).
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

cornercamping

Quote1.Yes Fasttrax is a CCS region and your Fasttrax/CCS regionalnumber are one in the same

2. Don't quite understand what you mean by this but your Fasttrax regional points would count towards your grid position at the Race of Champions. Unsure how Fasttrax grids but CCS races are gridded by entry date (other than ROC).

In #2 I mean:

My Fasttrax number and CCS number are the same for my region (great lakes), and I'm amature in  both.  Therefore, the number on my bike will stay and no need to carry yellow duct tape for a quick number change.  Also, I don't have to register for a CCS license since the one I already have for Fasttrax is valid.

Right  ???  Hell, I'm confused now t00  :P

cornercamping

QuoteIn #2 I mean:

My Fasttrax number and CCS number are the same for my region (great lakes), and I'm amature in  both.  Therefore, the number on my bike will stay and no need to carry yellow duct tape for a quick number change.  Also, I don't have to register for a CCS license since the one I already have for Fasttrax is valid, and if I race a Fasttrax/CCS race, the points go for both.  I'm sure I'll attend some races that are CCS only and don't involve Fasttrax

Right  ???  Hell, I'm confused now t00  :P

Eric Kelcher

Okay the number thing is easy. Yes your number is the same. If you race out of region (yes your license is good for this) or have a cross over race at another's regions track (say Road America which is a MW track[I think] but pays points in other regions) then you would have an x applied to your number if that region has a rider with same number as you (IE you are number 1 in Fasttrax region the MW rider 1 also goes to RA since that is his region he runs 1 you run 1x).

2. I still don't quite understand question 2 points are given to a rider for a regions that that race gives points in. So if you are FT racer and go to a crossover race with MW you would receieve points in the MW region as well as the FT region. Make sense? you don't receive points based on where you finish against other FT racers at the event but all racers at the event. if you finish 5th in the race you get 5th in all regions not 2nd for FT region (if only one of the riders ahead of you is a FT region racer) etc.
Eric Kelcher

KBOlsen

I have a CCS license.  Do I need a second license to compete in Fasttrax events?
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

cornercamping

QuoteI have a CCS license.  Do I need a second license to compete in Fasttrax events?

That's what I mean, but vice versa.  I have a Fasttrax license, but do I also need to get a seperate CCS license to compete in CCS events that are not affiliated with Fasttrax.  
Also, if I compete in an event that is not affiliated with Fasttrax, do the points also go over to Fasttrax because from what I understand, they will still be seperate orgs., but the affiliation to CCS is primarily to get more tracks on the schedule.   Furthermore, if you think about it, since Fasttrax is a lot smaller of an org., and less "faster" people race with Fasttrax, if you raced all the Fasttrax races, and placed in the top 10 at all of them, you could very easily get a championship.  For slow guys like me, if that happened, I'd get stuck in Expert with CCS and get lapped by everyone.

For instance, last year I ran a race with Fasttrax.  15 bikes total, and I took first.  Ontop of it, I'm not fast, but it's my home track so I'm very consistant with my times.   That's what won me the race.  Everyone else was unfamiliar with the track kind of, and also they were all newbies.  Not sure what will happen with the CCS affiliation now, and more CCS guys that race showing up, but as far as just Fasttrax racers, they don't stand a chance, for most atleast.  Not knocking anyone what so ever, because I'm far from being even close to fast, but I think you get what I"m saying.  An experianced Amature CCS/WERA racer that can run a semi-decent time, will take a championship if they race all the Fasttrax races because not a lot of people actually attend all of them, atleast not last year.  

If Fasttrax does a seperate points deal, and championship, then someone that won the championship that may not be ready for the expert class with CCS, may get stuck in CCS or WERA expert because of the Fasttrax title.  That's something that worries me, because I'm far from the Expert class times.  

Grattan: 1:32:24 is my best (home track) and it's far from Expert times, but good enough to hang up front with Fasttrax guys, atleast most.  My average is about 1:35's
(That's what I meant in #2)  

(That's what I meant in #2)

Eric Kelcher

Okay Yes Fasttrax license is CCS license. So run CCS events with license acquired through Fasttrax or run Fasttrax events with one aquired through CCS Ft. Worth office or any of the other affliates LRRS, CCS Florida, etc
Eric Kelcher

cornercamping

and so everyone knows, I'm not knocking Fasttrax, or anyone that rides with them.  My impression of Fasttrax is that it's a good org. to start a racing career with, because it's not as competitive as CCS/WERA and it's more or less a bunch of guys learning to race, and having fun.  That's why I joined them.  I've raced a few WERA races here and there, but it's very competitive compared to a Fasttrax race.  Don't get me wrong, racing is racing, but with Fasttrax, the new guys, along with Fasttrax veterans aren't as fast, or serious.  Hell, I remember my first WERA race at Grattan where my head was huge from the Fasttrax race I won.  Yeah, my head got deflated as soon as the green flag came out.  I got lapped by first place by mid race, and it wasn't a local.  

Just wanted to clarify my opinions.  ;)

tzracer

Think of Fasttrax as a CCS region. If the race is not a Greatlakes race, it will not pay Fasttrax points. A Midwest only race does not pay Great Plains points, only Midwest points.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

03R6-Rider

QuoteI've raced a few WERA races here and there, but it's very competitive compared to a Fasttrax race.  Don't get me wrong, racing is racing, but with Fasttrax, the new guys, along with Fasttrax veterans aren't as fast, or serious.  Hell, I remember my first WERA race at Grattan where my head was huge from the Fasttrax race I won.  Yeah, my head got deflated as soon as the green flag came out.  I got lapped by first place by mid race, and it wasn't a local.

I'm new to CCS this year too, and will have to check out the Fasttrax series.  How long have you been racing with WERA?  I'm interested in trying my hand this year, and figure any expereince is good experience.  Did you only do the Grattan WERA rounds?

H-man

Same here Corner C.  I'd like to hear about your WERA race experience  ;)     Other than your conerworking at the GNF last year  ;D

Black Ops Racing
WERA/Fasttrax #42 (N)

"Life has a certain flavor for those who have fought and risked all that the sheltered and protected can never experience."  - John Stuart Mill

03R6-Rider

QuoteI've raced Fasttrax for a couple of years, and really other than a couple events at my home track (Grattan), they don't have too many tracks available on the schedule.

Does Fasttrax only race at Nelson and Grattan?  Cornercamping, what did you think of Nelson after having gotten used to Grattan?  I've heard it's kind of a rough track.  Which classes do you race?  

cornercamping

QuoteDoes Fasttrax only race at Nelson and Grattan?  Cornercamping, what did you think of Nelson after having gotten used to Grattan?  I've heard it's kind of a rough track.  Which classes do you race?  

Nelsons mostly, atleast last year.  I ran an Endurance race at Grattan, and we were doing alright, but blew out the trans in a Gixxer 750 so we didn't finish.  As far as Nelsons, the track was crap but from what I've heard, it's been repaved this year.  Haven't seen it yet.  Track was in rough shape last year though.  I like Grattan.  It's easy to win races there when it's your home track and a bunch of new guys show up at Grattan that haven't been on it before.  Kind of like a home field advantage.  I'm not fast, but I know what not to do at Grattan, and where the lines are best for me.  I'd rather run Grattan than any other track.  Best tracks for me are:

Grattan
Gingerman
Jennings

I'm gonna run all the CCS, WERA, races at Grattan this year.  Atleast I'll have an advantage over the newbies that have ridden Grattan before.  It's not the easiest track to learn.  

03R6-Rider

Hmm, maybe I won't do the Nelson thing unless the track is in better shape.  Sounds like you've been kicking butt in Fasttrax (multiple podiums), where all have you raced with WERA?  I'd like to hear how your Grattan WERA experiences compare with your Grattan Fasttrax experiences.  Sounds like the turnout for the WERA regionals is a lot bigger.  

Thanks for your time, it's great to have an experienced guy like yourself offering some guidance!

cornercamping

QuoteHmm, maybe I won't do the Nelson thing unless the track is in better shape.  Sounds like you've been kicking butt in Fasttrax (multiple podiums), where all have you raced with WERA?  I'd like to hear how your Grattan WERA experiences compare with your Grattan Fasttrax experiences.  Sounds like the turnout for the WERA regionals is a lot bigger.  

Thanks for your time, it's great to have an experienced guy like yourself offering some guidance!

Yeah, uhm.. I've raced 1 WERA race and called that one quits. The pumpkin shirt didn't me crap to the WERA boys.  Went back to Fasttrax.  The difference, it's sick.  Kinda like comparing the advanced group (WERA) to the school group (Fasttrax) at a track day.  
As far as asking me for anything.. I suggest you ask someone else.  I'm slow.  Seriously, I'll admit that all day. Guidance?  Your asking the wrong person.  I'm not fast, but I'm also not dangerous.  I know how to ride, but just not as fast as everyone else  :P
I suggest you ask the Expert guys in here for advice, not me.  This is my 3rd year wearing yellow plates.  I'd like it to stay that way too.  ;)

cornercamping

Oh yeah, and the classes I've raced are:

GT I
GT III
Heavy Weight Twins (supertwins)
Superbike 600
Super Stock 600
Endurance (1 race w/fasttrax)

That's about it. I think.  Don't really remember. I've used different bikes.

03R6-Rider

QuoteYeah, uhm.. I've raced 1 WERA race and called that one quits. The pumpkin shirt didn't me crap to the WERA boys.  Went back to Fasttrax.  The difference, it's sick.  Kinda like comparing the advanced group (WERA) to the school group (Fasttrax) at a track day.

This is my 3rd year wearing yellow plates.  I'd like it to stay that way too.  ;)

That's a serious bummer, sounds like WERA's not the place for me either.  You must be expecting better expereinces this year though, if you're planning to ride with them again.  How did the WERA Grattan round you attended run with that many bikes and riders?  I like that track, just seems like it could get kinda crazy with a big big crowd.  

My bad on the experience thing, I must have misunderstood your previous posts.