AMA Ruling on Yates...

Started by cheezer64, March 09, 2004, 01:42:48 PM

Dawn

I don't think so, it pretty much takes him out of contention for a championship this year.

My $0.02

Dawn   :)

mdr14

That is a 100% fair ruling by AMA Pro Racing.

The fine is in line with what a privateer could afford... especially with the anger management class option.

Matt Drucker
MD Racing
www.mdracingstp.com

StumpysWife

Puts a whole new spin on "you can't win the championship at Daytona, but you sure can lose it."

Heather

Nate R

I think this is an action that does Yate's deeds Justice. Well done, for once.  :D
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

HandleThis66

how yah like that suzuki fine...youch!  yates is now 30,000 clams and one race short of a championship.  little  :-[ fer him, huh?  
                                         rhiannon :-*

Baltobuell

Imagine! AMA acting like Nascar with the anger management class just like Tony Stewart. I hope he chooses that option cause paying the fine is just gonna pissem off more ;D With the Suzuki fine, I think all seems appropriate.

Steviebee

WOW,  I am happy with what the AMA did !!

Guess that repeated email generator worked !!

lbk

They definitely stepped up, and did the right thing.

Kal

Now all we need is for Yates to beat up Bob Barker. (Happy Gilmore reference for those un---edumacated)

spyderchick

Quoteedumacated)

Everyone nos yu spel it ejahmuhkated. Geez! :o ;D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

K3 Chris Onwiler

I suppose that if you think about it as what a privateer can afford, that's a pretty steep fine.  5K would finish me for the season!  Yates makes a bit more.  You have to wonder how the Suzuki fine will be handled.  I still wish Yosh would just fire him.  Think of how many fast privateers there are out there just waiting for a shot like that.  (insert your local hero here)  Think what a message it would send to the prima donna pros if one of their own was tossed for bad behavior and replaced with a rising star.  Actually, Yosh has nothing to lose here.  With the bad finish at Daytona and the suspension their year is pretty mush shot, so they'd be just as well off to try to develop some fresh talent.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com