News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Advice: What classes for 04

Started by EM JAY, February 25, 2004, 05:30:38 PM

EM JAY

Ok, I'm racin' an SV this year and would like advice on chosing some classes to run.  I was thinking LWGP, LWSS, LWSB, Supertwins and Thunderbike.  Last year I did a few races on the MZ in LWGP and LWSS and would like to run the SV in them but I would like to keep running the same thruout the year, if I had to chose between LWSS, LWSB, and Supertwins or Thunderbike, which would I be most competitive in on a stock SV?  I would like to run LWSS but I'm keeping the MZ to run ULSB and I think it's going to be combined with LWSS at least at Road America so far.    THANKS!!!!
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest
  Thanks to Expert Racing Ltd. in Chicago and Madness Custom Choppers of Fox Lake

dylanfan53

It's been a long winter but I think the following is the order I'd place on competitiveness...

1. Lightweight Supersport (restriction on air filter)
2. GT Lights (30-min race) - Good because its pays out $ (maybe certs this year?) & you get 30 min on the track.
3. Lightweight Superbike
4. Formula-40 (if 40+ years old) - last year that is.  This year with two classes of F40 the LW will be less competitive.
5. Thunderbike?
6. Lightweight Grand Prix
7. SuperTwins (ducs and RC51s out there I think.  Someone correct me if I'm, wrong)

just my $.02.  Kind of a tough call between 2, 3, and 4 depending on the region and who shows up.  
Don Cook
CCS #53

FullMoonRacing

Re Formula 40...
Last year the SV would have been less competitive in with the 600s and 750s.  THIS year the SV will be scored in LW-F40 against other lightweight machines   ...so it will be arguably a decent class for an SV.  (NOTE: lightweight SUPERbikes will be legal lightweights here)

dylanfan53

Agreed.  What I meant was that w/o the 600+ cc machines the the race will be less competitive meaning that the SVs will have a better chance to win.

Sorry if I was confusing.

Don Cook
CCS #53

EM JAY

I'm about a little less than a decade away from formula 40, hopefully I'll still be able to afford it by then!   Thanks for the input.   ;)
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest
  Thanks to Expert Racing Ltd. in Chicago and Madness Custom Choppers of Fox Lake