News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Super Dave Vintage Daytona 2004?

Started by Super Dave, December 07, 2003, 09:32:13 AM

stumpy

Good to see ya on a HONDA Dave!! You look much younger and handsome :-*  Congrats on the ride!

StUmPy
Greg "Stumpy" Steltenpohl
www.teamstumpyracing.com

Super Dave

What Honda would you like to see me on?

Super Dave

tigerblade

Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

Super Dave

LOL!  Usually, the guys that own the bikes have that taken care of...

But Nate R is going to be with me as my crew chief...so he'll be in the thick of it.  Then again, with the vintage stuff, the owners usually like to have everyone else's hands off for obvious reasons.  The blue Honda CR750 above...well, I think the owner might part with it for $70k.
Super Dave

dwilson

CB450 & a CB400F?  Awsome!  I used to ride a CB350F, it was a blast.  I rode one to college & work everyday for years.  When I finally upgraded to a Silverwing I gave it to my girlfriend and she rode it for years...  I also had a chopped CB450 (maybe out of a black bomber), raked and rigid, 8' long & 350 lbs with gas, oil & battery.  The torsion bar valve springs were great, only had to worry about floating the points at 12K RPM  :o

Super Dave

Now, these are not mine, remember.  I'm just lucky enough to get to race them. ;D
Super Dave

Super Dave

How about this one?

This was a Motorcyclist magazine project bike.  They raced it in the April 1997 issue (the race was from June of 1996), and I just about beat them on the CB400F.

I raced the bike for the owner in 1997.  Here I am at Mid-Ohio.

Super Dave

Super Dave

I think that race report is in the Motorcyclist online archive...

And for you, Stumpy, the Honda that I owned and raced.  The bike was good to me.

Sorry to put up so many pictures...LOL.  I just figured out how I could do this easily.
Super Dave

tigerblade

QuoteLOL!  Usually, the guys that own the bikes have that taken care of...

But Nate R is going to be with me as my crew chief...so he'll be in the thick of it.  

Since all the real work is taken, that frees me to worry about beer aquisition then.  Perfect.   8)
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

Super Dave

Super Dave