News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Racer Web-Sites

Started by EM JAY, December 04, 2003, 09:37:18 AM

Nate R

Which brings you to what i have. Like 50 MB space and DNS for $35/year.
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

ekraft84

As mentioned above, the quality of the site is what you pay for.  I do the work for our team's website and it does require a fair amount of time if you want it to stay updated.  Most racing sites I see don't get updated as much as they could be.

Eddie Kraft - #48
Witchkraft Racing
Honda East Racing - Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Aprilia

OmniGLH

Or rather than pay for it, hook up with a local service provider that has web hosting and ask them for a sponsorship  ;)  ;D  I developed the site myself using NetObjects Fusion (fairly simple program to use.)  DLS provided the web space.

http://www.kingpinracing.com

http://www.dls.net
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

ekraft84

What stopped you from editing the remaining part of the background from that image?

;D

QuoteOr rather than pay for it, hook up with a local service provider that has web hosting and ask them for a sponsorship  ;)  ;D  I developed the site myself using NetObjects Fusion (fairly simple program to use.)  DLS provided the web space.

http://www.kingpinracing.com

http://www.dls.net

Eddie Kraft - #48
Witchkraft Racing
Honda East Racing - Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Aprilia

Litespeed

If you have high speed internet you likely have free webspace available for your website.  My Cox account provides 10 Megs for each of up to 7 accounts.  Using this space with any of the available web building tools (make sure it can upload pages via FTP) should allow you to update your site as often as you want with very little time sitting in front of your computer.  

OmniGLH

QuoteWhat stopped you from editing the remaining part of the background from that image?

;D

Which image?  The wheelie?  I thought it looked a little nicer, gave it a softer feel, than cropping it with hard-cut edges.  

That pic is actually one of the few LEGAL pics of a wheelie that I have.  Jack took that photo of DanO at a track rental going down the front straight at BHF  :)
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

Nate R

Hey Jim,

What does Standard Plastics do? Do they sell plastics to companies, etc? I may be looking for a cheaper and more local supplier of some materials. Would love to buy from them if their products are what I need.
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

OmniGLH

QuoteHey Jim,

What does Standard Plastics do? Do they sell plastics to companies, etc? I may be looking for a cheaper and more local supplier of some materials. Would love to buy from them if their products are what I need.

Standard Plastics does all kinds of injection molding.  A large majority (if not all) of their stuff is high-volume.  They make headlight bezels for a couple different Ford models, interior dome light surrounds for all Saturns, etc.  

If you're going to have parts custom made, what's going to kill you is the mold.  A majority of the molds he has there are at or over $100k a piece.  If you're just looking for something basic, he MAY already produce something that you can buy a separate run of (?)

If you know specifically what you're looking for, you can drop me a brief description in an email and I can pass it on to my contact there to get you two in touch.

jim@kingpinracing.com
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

ysr612

I run a little site off my home computer.  I just type in notepad and put it up. It is really my personal photo alblum.

pro's it is cheap and easy and large (6,000+ pics) very fast for me.

con it is slow for others cost 10 a month.

EM JAY

Anybody familiar with the  wegorace.com/yoursitehere  site???   Any positive or negatives about it????  
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest
  Thanks to Expert Racing Ltd. in Chicago and Madness Custom Choppers of Fox Lake