News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Shocking News in RRW

Started by Dawn, November 07, 2003, 10:57:41 AM

Dawn

I would have only posted the link, but it won't let me copy it...   So here goes:

QuoteCCS racer and Superbike Motorsports owner Scott Ponder, 30, and mother Beverly Guy, 52, as well as employees Brian Lucas, 29, and Chris Shubert, were found shot to death around 3:30 p.m. Thursday, inside the Spartanburg County, South Carolina, motorcycle dealership.

Lucas was the service manager at Superbike Motorspots, and Shubert was a mechanic.

According to news reports, a customer called 911 and reported finding four people dead inside the dealership.

Ponder and his wife, who was not at the shop when the shootings took place, were expecting their first child.

The Spartanburg County Sheriff's Office is asking anyone who may have seen anything in the area of the shop between 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. Thursday to call (864) 596-2616.

What a tragedy.

Dawn   :(

Mark Bernard

QuoteI would have only posted the link, but it won't let me copy it...   So here goes:

What a tragedy.

Dawn   :(
It's a sad, sad world sometimes!  :-[
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

K3 Chris Onwiler

And we can't even say that he died doing what he loved.  People suck.  It had to be about money.  You can only hope that what goes around comes around... >:(
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

khanson

The reality is that stuff like that happens all the time.  From being a cop for 10 years, I got to see things like that on a regular basis.  People get killed over the stupidest things a lot of times.

My prayers go out to the family.
Kevin Hanson<br /><br />www.SafetyFirstRacing.com<br />Safety First Racing<br />847.357.1309

buffy

Investigators Look For Two People Who May Hold Critical Information In Motorcycle Shop Murders

Investigators in the mountains are helping Spartanburg County detectives search for two potential witnesses in Thursday's deadly motorcycle shop murders. Three men and a woman were found shot and killed at Superbike Motorsports, just outside Chesnee. Spartanburg County Sheriff Bill Coffey released sketches of a man and a woman seen leaving the area near the shop. A witness said she saw the woman running away from the man down Parris Bridge Road. Detectives are also looking for anyone who saw a dark green van driving erratically along Parris Bridge and Fish Camp Roads Thursday afternoon. Investigators in the upstate say whoever was responsible for the killings may have fled across the state line to North Carolina, and contacted Polk County deputies. Officers there say they'll keep the composite sketches in their patrol cars for reference. The Polk County Sheriff's Department offices are just 20 minutes away from the South Carolina crime scene. If you know anything about the the van or the couple in the composite sketches, call the Spartanburg County Sheriff's Department at (864) 596-2616.

KBOlsen

CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

arcona

>:( sometimes life sucks a$$!!!

Lowe119

There should be a place worse than prison for people who have absolutely no respect for people's lives. 30-50 years these shop owners and employees have lived - influencing and affecting friends and others - just to have it all snuffed so someone can have some easy money.  >:(

K3 Chris Onwiler

With any luck, the killer rides.  One day a ghostly mist will slicken that deadly hairpin...
Or at least that's how it would go if I made these decisions. >:(
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Love944

Oh My Goodness - after the Death of my brother, I didn't think anything would shock me - This is horrible.
My heart and prayers go out to his wife and their unborn child.
I hope they find the person or persons who did this and tie them to a bike and have someone drag them for miles - Boy that was mean - Death will do that to you.
Sorry
God bless them and I hope Bryan is comforting them, because I know they are with him in Heaven.