News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

lost helmit

Started by mj, July 27, 2002, 02:49:33 PM

mj

:(anyone know what happened to my helmet, a blue Araii with the number 46 on it, after my crash in the form-40 race sat. at blackhawk during the Wegman weekend. I know that it's ruined but I would like to see it.
mike ???

EX#996

Mike:

How's your arm and your chest?  The last I heard at the track is that you broke your arm and have brusing on your chest.  

Just to let you know, everyone's thoughts and prayers were for you and Jim that day.   :(

Dawn
Paul and Dawn Buxton

KBOlsen

QuoteJust to let you know, everyone's thoughts and prayers were for you and Jim that day

We'll second that!  Best wishes to you both... hope you'll be well and back soon.  

Kim and John
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

YTAK1

I saw one of the BHF EMT guys giving it to the ambulance driver and pointing out the large chunk out of the side of it.  I believe it was taken to the hospital.

Hope I'm thinking of the right helmet.  This was after the Form. 40 race.  They were loading someone into a ambulance on a streacher near the med. building.  

Hope your doing okay.

Best Wishes,

Jon Wuytack
Big Show Racing

EX#996

Mike:

I think your helmet may have gotten sent home with Jim Holmen's stuff.  I was there and helped unload his Hawk and Mike (CCS corner worker) handed me a blue helmet.  (If I remember right, I think Jim has a black and yellow one.)  I wasn't there when his van was packed up, so I don't know for sure.

If it was your helmet, it was in one piece.  However there were two deep gouges in it, through the outer shell to the polystyrene.

Dawn

Paul and Dawn Buxton

roadracer797

Mike if you want to know what happened you can ask me I happened to be right behind all of it ans saw the whole thing unfold. I thought as old men we weren't suppose to get hiurt like that. Well I hope you are doing better than when I saw you and hope everything heals so you can come back and race.

mj

;)Thank you all for the help
I was released from the Rockford hosp. on friday
I had a compound fracture of the upper left arm which ws fixed with a rod and some screws. I also had multiple rib fractures and some lung punctures ,a head injury along with other sprains and  injuries

I would like to offer a very sincere thankyou to the medical people at Blackhawk and on the flight for life chopper  for the care that I was given, without which I would not have survived.
   Thanks again,
    Mike