News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Combined Lt. Wt. & Supersingle classes

Started by EM JAY, November 05, 2003, 08:00:41 AM

EM JAY

I really do not like the idea personally.  From being a "newbie" this year and still having much to learn, running the Supersingles, Lt. Wt. Sportsman and the occasional Lt. Wt. Gp and Lt. Wt. Superbike I still get to learn at a much safer pace, not being in overcrowded grids, not being overrun or lapped (that much).  Also leaving them seperate gives me more of a choice on classes to run.  Yea, combining them will increase the grids but also lower the $$$ that would have come in from multiple entries?
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest
  Thanks to Expert Racing Ltd. in Chicago and Madness Custom Choppers of Fox Lake

WELL, THAT WOULD REALLY BLOW!

for some single racers there are only 2 race's we can run all weekend, this would make it just one. not worth going for one race. so ccs will loose even more. In my old age and after 12 years of spending every extra dime i have to race, this year was truly a real fun year mostly. I have been getting asked to go race the ARMA series, but I just have some alligence to CCS for so many years. but it is sounding better all the time. for not sure I want to go back to racing bigger bikes again, and spending 5 times the money.

I like my dirt bike and only using 3 set's of tires in 10 race weekends, 5 gallons of fuel each weekend, plus entries is awsome. in 2001 on a R1 i would spend in one weekend what i have spent all year! and I have won more trophies this year !!!!    

MZGirl

This was my first year of racing, so I used what I had, which was an MZ.  I had a blast in Lw Sportsman and Supersingles (when the motards and other MZs showed up), and even Lw Supersport was a bit fun (depending on the track).  I was hoping to continue with CCS for next year, because racing with two different orgs and two different circles of people really improved my riding.  But if they pull this, then I'm going to have to seriously consider not running with them next season.  The SW/Pac combination schedule was less than ideal this year, the practice schedule was a joke, so this will just be the icing on the steaming cow patty.

CCS be hatin' on the Supersingle   >:(

MudDawg

My point of view...keep the supersingles out of the regular lightweight stuff.  Yeah you guys can have your own race.  It can be used as a buffer between the 600/750 classes.  (Don't see many singles riders running those also.)  

Plus...it gets a rolling chicane out of my way in a race.  Sorry guys, but in many cases the singles are slower than maybe mid-pack amateur times at most places.  Just a horsepower thing.  I don'tparticularly like coming up on riders running 20+ seconds off my pace.  (Always have to change my shorts later.)

EM JAY

Quote Just a horsepower thing.  I don'tparticularly like coming up on riders running 20+ seconds off my pace.  (Always have to change my shorts later.)

:o  Yea, you and me both!!!   ;D
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest

Kevin177

Combine them.

Average turnout is 2-3 bikes per race (if at all), and average lap speed has very little to do with the bike.  You still have one class to run without the SVs, and several classes to race up in.

BTW, I used to race both an Hawk and MuZ.

:)

EM JAY

Yea, I can race up almost all classes, but, what fun and how competitive will I be on a stock MZ?  If you've run one you know that it has a lot to do with the bike.   Sure I don't have to keep the bike stock but my pockets aren't very deep and I saved a ton of money on tires and keeping the bike reliable by not doing any engine work.  This was my first year and by keeping my costs down I am returning 2004.     I am toying with the idea of getting an SV later in the year to run also tho.......there go my savings tho..... :-/
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest

Kevin177

Belive it or not, your MuZ in normal race trim (emulators, shock, Tim Barker pipe & jet kit, 520 gearing, etc.) will be plenty fast enough to win the novice Sportsman classes, and fast enough to stay mid-pack or better in the rest of the LW classes.

Plus, it is soooo fun to beat a guy on an SV with an MuZ and watch them cry! ;D

EM JAY

;)  Yea, thats what I've been planning on adding over this winter "break".......did you run the stock wheels also???
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest

MZGirl

QuotePlus, it is soooo fun to beat a guy on an SV with an MuZ and watch them cry! ;D

BWAHAHAHAHA!

The tears double when they realize it was a girl on an MZ too.   ;D

I've put all future MZ mods on hold until this class thing gets figured out.  I was gonna strip a ton of weight off of it, and go with a dual exhaust.  Hmm...maybe I should go ahead and do it, and run all of the middleweight classes.   8)