News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Midwest Swap Meet?

Started by 251am, October 14, 2003, 12:18:49 PM

251am

Is there currently a swap meet for racers in the midwest?

the_weggie_man

Nothing I know of for racers. Aztalan used to have a swap meet every year sometime in October, mostly dirt track stuff, but I didn't hear anything about it this year.

251am

The Aztzlan swap is this Sunday for anyone interested in picking up a ride for ice racing, or maybe a Z pit ride. There is a facility in northern Illinois that is used by Blackhawk BMW riders for spring swap. Huge indoor facility with camping, showers, and Kiwanis serves meals. Room for about 50-60 vendors I think. Is this something you guys would like to see and what time of year would be best-early spring or late fall? Mid season? Cheers    

Mark Bernard

QuoteThe Aztzlan swap is this Sunday for anyone interested in picking up a ride for ice racing, or maybe a Z pit ride.
Where is this at Todd?
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

the_weggie_man

Lake Mills, WI. Check aztalancycle.com, there's a good map on their site.

Mark Bernard

Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

Jeff

The middle of winter would be the absolute BEST.

Like January...

The end of the season people are financially tapped, and sick of running around.

The beginning of the season is also a tough time to dump wads of cash (because we're doing it anyhow).  Mid winter would bring a nice balance to the cash drain  8)
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

251am

The cash drain is clogged all year round!!!! Problem with the middle of winter is it's just plain cold. That facility in particular, the one in N. Illinois,  would not be winter friendly, but there probably are some that would be. Alliant Center, something in Waukesha I believe, where else?