News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Bodywork question

Started by rennsportbodies, October 09, 2003, 10:28:16 AM

tcchin

Off the top of my head...

An OEM-level fit, particularly with respect to fastener locations, air intake provisions and edge profiling/finishing.

Positive target points for all mount points (including windscreen and fender mounts) such that mixing and matching uppers and lowers from spares won't be a problem. These points should be identified but not pre-drilled unless fasteners are included and installed.

Consistent thickness so the same grip length fasteners can be used throughout.

Reinforced fastener areas to minimize tearouts.

Flexible tails, fenders and lowers, but stiffer uppers.

Optional frame slider cutouts where applicable.

Super Dave

Mr Rennsport Bodies...

Do you have a website?

Seems like Hot Bodies is hitting the price point right getting in at under $500 for a full set.  The stuff seems flexible, like Sharkskinz.  

Painted?  Would be a nice option...one color, and I can put on my decals and paint my own number plates.  Additionally, if you need an extra set ASAP, the paint work being done would save time for those Just In Time problems that racers have.
Super Dave

rennsportbodies

Super Dave,

We are working on the website and we should have it up soon.  As far as getting shipments as soon as possible, we are planning to inventory the sets that have reasonable demand so that we can ship them right away.  

We'll let everyone know when the Web site is up.

K3 Chris Onwiler

Your price is right.  If your stuff actually fits (Hotbodies SUCK in the fit department) I'd buy it at that price just to try it and to support a new company.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

251am

Hey Renn, have you seen the bodywork comparo Roadracing World did? It was pretty thorough as far as descriptions of what is desireable. The painting and inclusion of Dzus as package options would simplify life and make you a hit. Do you have anything for Ducatis? Thanks for asking.