Main Menu

what is a Moriwaki

Started by Steviebee, October 05, 2003, 12:47:01 PM

Steviebee

finished 19th in motoGP.

im not a honda fan but,

HAYDEN GOT 3RD !!!!

WebCrush

Moriwaki is the distant cousin to the Jaberwocki, which can often be found in Japanese forums. :D

seriously, moriwaki is a Honda RCV engine in a custom frame designed by Mr Moriwaki

THE_D.O.C.

moriwaki (back in the day) was a legit bike manufacturer. they won a few (back in the day) 80cc world GP championships. (if you can believe there ever  was an 80 cc championship)

:)

ysr612

the M-80 is still raced in our club.
http://65.70.253.219/photo/cmra2002/ohr_july_02/51-75/P1010057.JPG
picture of one

Super Dave

I think Mr Moriwaki is a frame guru extraordinare...He builds stuff then puts a motor in.

I know that he has had a relationship with John Ulrich for some time.  Wes Cooley rode a Moriwaki RC30, I think in like 1990 as kind of a return to some AMA Superbike stuff.  He was riding for JU at the time.  

I think there is some relationship by marriage between Pops Yoshimura, who has been dead for some time, and Mr Moriwaki.

Didn't John Hopkins race M80's before riding in the early Aprilia Cup series stuff?
Super Dave

ysr612

I do not know John. I know I used to race against Ben S on a ysr 50 for quite a while I think he rode the 80 (other peoples bike) a bit but mostly went straight to the 125 and 250.

drhyed

And he makes a lot of really cool (but $$$) stuff for bikes. take my rc51... mori rad fins, exhaust, suspension links, rear sets and some trick carbon fiber stuff...mori stuff rocks! i think big valley honda is the distributor if any one wants to check it out

tigerblade

Yep, the Mori link is the hot ticket for traction on an RC51.  I don't have one though.  That's probably why I'm slow.   ;D
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

lfg929

QuoteYep, the Mori link is the hot ticket for traction on an RC51.  I don't have one though.  That's probably why I'm slow.   ;D

Is that with or without an aftermarket shock? I have contemplated getting the link for my street RC but don't like the expense. If it makes a huge difference (and I can keep from selling the RC next year for one of the new litre bikes) then maybe I will eventually pick one up.

tigerblade

QuoteIs that with or without an aftermarket shock? I have contemplated getting the link for my street RC but don't like the expense. If it makes a huge difference (and I can keep from selling the RC next year for one of the new litre bikes) then maybe I will eventually pick one up.

Apparently it helps with both stock and aftermarket shocks.  It changes ride height but also changes the rate of travel for the rear suspension.  I haven't ridden a bike fitted with one, but those "in the know" swear by it.  Not sure if I'd do it just for a street bike.
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

drhyed

I say for the track you cant go wrong with it, and it does work with stock and aftermarket shocks, on the street....i guess if you really get after it in the twistys it would be a benifit. I looked at it as, well re do the forks and new rear shock just do the link right away but if you running stock suspension the money is better spent else where. Also if you are really considering one dan kyle is machineing his own and I think it is very similar and cheaper than the mori link