Tire warmers

Started by OlDirtyBrian, September 29, 2003, 08:47:42 AM

OlDirtyBrian

I'm going to be doing a couple track days in November and was wondering if it would be worthwhile to buy some tire warmers. The cold weather has me a little worried about doing the track days without them. Will they help significantly with tire life as well as being able to push hard without having to worry about the tires being up to temperature?

EX#996

Get them....

In the MW, you really can't be without them.  If you do, you will have to remember that it will take a few laps before your tires are up to temperature.

The tire warmers will also extend your tire life because they will be going through less heat cycles.  Have the warmers on before you go out and put them on when you come in.

It really helps.

Dawn   :)

BTW...  32 degrees this morning.  Fall is here.   ;)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Mark Bernard

Definatly get them. I have the Chicken Hawks and they are just wonderful.
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

MELK-MAN

its not just cold wheather that you need them for!! get them NOW.. tire operate best in a narrow window of temp and its ALOT more than 100deg.. so even on a hot summer day, you can still risk crashing on the first lap. Yes, the tire works better over the couple days i get out of a race tire as it is like a long heat cycle all day rahter than hot-cool-hot-cool.. wont last tons longer though as rubber still comes off and the tire cant retain heat after that, but will work better... and safer...one of thebest inv. you will make.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

Xian_13

QuoteGet them....

Nuff said ;D
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

khanson

I've got a used set like brand new if you're interested.  Give me a call.  217-493-3811
Kevin Hanson<br /><br />www.SafetyFirstRacing.com<br />Safety First Racing<br />847.357.1309