Oh what a weekend

Started by Jeff, September 29, 2003, 08:14:16 AM

Jeff

Full race report forthcoming...  However, the highlights...

Thurs night
Drag a ~7000lb trailer through Chicago and have your brake controller fail...  2 settings "lock-em-up" and "no brakes"  = No Fun

Fri
Chase a problem through the bike causing it to DIE on corners.  (found - problematic Power Commander)

Experience extreme nausea and dizziness.  Practice, lay down praying for relief...  = No Fun

Sat
Continue practicing with nausea...  = No Fun

Sun
1st win in the rain = Fun...

4 races, 4 pieces of wood...  Small grids, but I'll take 'em anyhow (plus I didn't crash or come in last).

So, why do new racers quit?
[a] Because they watch Dan Ortega race in the rain...
Because they watch Dave Rosno's bike do a triple-gainer into T-11 around 120mph...

Dan's crash-o-matic style was painful to watch, and Dave's bike throwing chunks of sod onto the track (one hit me in the shoulder) while exploding parts everywhere was definitely a "high 9" score...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

EX#996

Driving through Chicago sucks no matter what....  but with a brake controll failure!!!!   :o  

I give you a lot of credit that you made it through there in one piece.

We were in stop and go traffic through Chicago and had the opportunity to witness a few accidents, one RIGHT in front of us.  We learned that the motor home can panic stop pretty good.   ::) :P  (I don't think people consider the size and braking distance sometimes of the vehicle that they decide to pull in front of).

I hope you are feeling better.  Good job on your win.   ;) ;D

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

OmniGLH

Quote[a] Because they watch Dan Ortega race in the rain...

Dan's crash-o-matic style was painful to watch

LMAO!!!!!    ;D :D  Ya DanO didn't have the best weekend...

Congrats on the win Jeff  :)
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

tigerblade

Quote Because they watch Dave Rosno's bike do a triple-gainer into T-11 around 120mph...

Yeouch!  Is Dave okay?   :-/
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

tigerblade

Oh and congrats on the win Jeff!   :)
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

DanO966

QuoteSo, why do new racers quit?
[a] Because they watch Dan Ortega race in the rain...
quote]
Okay guy...lol
I really didn't have a good weekend but I usually kick butt in the rain.  I love the rain it's a great equalizer ;)
I don't know what my problem was.  I know it was a new track to me but for some reason I didn't have any traction.  I was sliding all over the place.  And when ever I pushed (a tiny bit) I low sided.  Pretty gay if you ask me.  
But I went out there to salvage some points and see a new track.  And that ALL that I did.. ;D
I can't wait to see the place when it's dry out!!

You know who the points chasers are...lol
race 16 yesterday....it's me, Jessie, Rosno, and Purk.  That's it!  hummmm ;) ;)
took 2nd woo hoo

Oh and thanks to Super Dave for him letting me borrow parts off of his blasted R6. It saved my last two races!  You the man!!
DanO CCS/WERA/AMA/ASRA #966
Convergence Technologies/MD Racing
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

Jeff

Yeah, Dave seemed fine.  Simple slide to a stop.  But the bike took a bad tumble.  No simple slide there.  It was Moto-GP style high-side type flipping (from a simple front end tuck)
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

EX#996

QuoteYeah, Dave seemed fine.  Simple slide to a stop.  But the bike took a bad tumble.  No simple slide there.  It was Moto-GP style high-side type flipping (from a simple front end tuck)

It was dang impressive....

Dave's subframe and pipe are shot, I can't remember what the front looks like.  If Dave does make it to Gateway, I don't think it will be with this bike.

Dawn  
Paul and Dawn Buxton

EM JAY

Dave was not positive on making it to Gateway, as I was leaving however Jessie was offering support on parts, pipe  etc, and saying the motor is still fine!  Dave did have quite a bit of electrical mess tho.
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest
  Thanks to Expert Racing Ltd. in Chicago and Madness Custom Choppers of Fox Lake

J-Janisch

Need I remind you all that Dave decided to do that RIGHT INFRONT OF ME!!!!!  That was the second person that crashed right infront of me on the weekend, NOT FUN.  Dave did go out in style (eyebrow and hand shaking in the air) (inside joke, remember blackhawk?)

The bike was not pretty although Dave was fine.  He did go on to race again that day but with JJ's GSXR instead.  He was at a track day in Gratten today, I'm sure he'll have a post tonite or tomarrow morning on here....

Other then people falling, all in all very good weekend.  I must say Paul was hauling in the rain, made me push a little harder then I had wanted to at all during the day on the good ol' SV.