News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

My first VIR ride

Started by smoke, September 29, 2003, 07:18:03 AM

smoke

THIS IS LONG.

First off My bike statred friday morning.. so we loaded up in the trailer..  By the way were left realy late so we were balling to get there so I could make the friday practice since I had never been on the track. There was a issue nut will save it for later. ( in short I saw my life flash in front of me)

we get to the track at 2:30 . I pay $100 for three sessions >:( >:( >:(  rip off!!!!!!!  
So I gear up and  pass tech. I get out on the track and I was scared as I had never seen the track.  I helg my line but the EX were flying past me in all sorts of spots.  I tried to get one of the cornerspeed instructers to show me the lines but he said he was not going to be out for a long time. ( he just wanted to scrub in his new wheels.   We he highsided  go ing into the right hander.  I was pissed that the guy would not help me but I got over it.  we go in for the red flag and lo and behold my throttle cbale is stuck.  I had no clue what to do but hit the kill switch.  The whole bike bucked forward hard and almost throw me off. I push the bike back to the pits.  We find the issue and fix it I go back out.  and just try to pick up as much as I could.

smoke

saterday
 I missed the first practice session as the F****** bike would not start!!!!!!!!!!   I make the second one.   I hooke up with RSmith ( THANK YOU) and I pick up the new tank.  We install it and find that there was an issue with the fuel pump.  We fix it and teh bike starts to run strong. Stonger than ever. Igo out for my first race and I feel ok but I was scared the bike was going to shut off..  I held my line and was running but I was slow.... real slow ( 2:06 lap time) but I ran 4 2:06 in a row. consistant.  The race get red flaged and turns into a sprint.  The show us the new grid positions and I was in the first wave row 5.   :o :o :o ??? ???  I was happy , scared and hype. I looked around and saw all the fast guys that want to be like. I look up and see Donny, the SE guy and a rack of them.  The flag dropped I hit it the best start I ever had. i stayed with them into and through T1, 2, & 3. I saw how the others were taken 4 and I was like I can do it!!!   Well I low sided  in T4.. I felt great.. I was keeping up but I did not know the line.  I tried to start the bike but no go..

THE_D.O.C.

i had a great weekend, and went faster than ever.  ;D

sorry though.

smoke

Sunday

I deregister from all my races except one as the bike was still not starting and running right and I was still scard it was going to cut out.  I missed my practice session.  We get the bike going and they let me out with the lw Ams..  I felt good and the bike was strong.  
I got to race 7 and I went out I stayed with the tail end of the pack for my warm up lap.  Green flag drops I get a great start I stayed with the guys up unttil the right hand up hill turn. I still can't figure that thing out I hit the roller coaster and up shifted and hit the front stright hard and was moving I get to kink lay it over and I see brake marker 5 and start to slow down ( see the pack makeing t1.  all of a sudden the bike is out from under me and Im sliding cross the track and end up deep in T1 off the track.  My right shoulder is killing me.

smoke

This ends my first year ( three weekends).  I will be back next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  With a new bike, and I will train hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    I can keep up with u guys but you guys are ten times better than me and faster.  I will get there and It will take time..  I am going to train as soon as my shoulder gets better.