News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Well someone tried to fix the AMA

Started by Steviebee, September 24, 2003, 02:05:16 PM

Steviebee

http://venus.13x.com/roadracingworld/scripts/NewsInsert.asp?insert=7372

Looks like a few guys realize that theres a problem.  But its hard to go against the grain, heck why would you vote your self out of power !!

I cant bitch enough to stress my discontent with the state of Pro racing in this country.  Just look at this crap !
http://venus.13x.com/roadracingworld/scripts/NewsInsert.asp?insert=7378

Looks like superbike will be superstock machines racing against factory ducatis.  Since the superstock rules are 1000's with slicks,  who is going to bother to build superbikes, its going to go back to most of the guys running superstock bikes in pooperbike.  Now if they just get rid of the factory Ducs, maybee it will be more insteresting !!

wizard

yea they already have the Ducati Cup its called World Superbike

MightyDuc Racing

MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

Steviebee

MightyDuc  wouldnt you like to see some more privateers racing Duc's???   If the AMA could get thier head out out thier .. well you know.  

Chris Voelker ??  spelling.  The loan Duc rider !!

Looks like its giong to be 1,2,3 HONDA !!!  eithor RC-51 or CBR1000RR

Super Dave

I think restricing the Superbikes will do something good.

If it allows the privateers to have an opportunity to actually build a competitive bike, then that's good.

However, the suspension rules are relevent.  If Yosh, Kaw, Honda, et all can run $125,000 front forks, well, they can afford them and they will do better laps.

Thus that diminishes the program.  That would be one of the problems I see.

The "factories" are trying to keep themselves at the top of the heap.  If you were Mr Preston of the US Kawasaki Road Racing effort, you wouldn't want any privateer team to be near you.  You have a budget and stuff that you need to protect.

Really too bad that we're not getting any quotes from the regular "Joe" racers....

Maybe it's time for me to send a reply.
Super Dave

MightyDuc Racing

Absolutely.  But it's just too expensive to make a Duc competitive against the 1000cc fours.  They are rockets right out of the crate.  I'd rather see the Pro Thunder class return.  I hate to think that I will have to buy a Japanese bike so I can take my shot at the AMA since there is NO class for a bike like mine.  Maybe the AMA could come up with a Lightweight class of some sort like WERA and CCS.  That would rule!
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

Super Dave

Well, I think that's why they call it superbike... 8)

Duc's are expensive, period.  Making them faster and reliable costs more.  That's in the hands of the manufacturers.  If they can't afford to make it work right, they should change the design.  

Ducati in MotoGP...four cylinder.

The original format for Superbike was equality in displacement.  Changed over the years.  I think that they should have to use production based forks and shocks, or they should be limited to a certain availablity of those components.  

As for a lightweight class...

Well, NASCAR has Winston Cup and Busch...  They don't have a class for four cylinder domestic and imports.  I think they have found a niche in the how things work.  

AMA...similar.  They are trying to market a program, and there has just been no riders in the Pro Twins races...it was kind of a joke.  I don't forsee that coming back.  FUSA Thunderbike...not a bad gig there.  There's a class for a Ducati were you can make it reliable, you have a HP limit, weight limit, etc...you've just got to ride.  
Super Dave

MightyDuc Racing

I'm not even legal for Thunderbike.  Requires a VIN #.  What about a class on a higher level for a pure racebike not taken off the street?  Not griping...I know I need a different bike to move up.  It just sucks...lol.
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

StumpysWife

I had read about the Superstock class becoming a 1000cc class for privateer bikes--no factories?  Any truth to this?  Opinions?

Heather

Super Dave

QuoteRequires a VIN #.  What about a class on a higher level for a pure racebike not taken off the street?.

Yeah, no builder classes.  It is kind of bad.

Blame the manufacturers.
Super Dave

Super Dave

QuoteI had read about the Superstock class becoming a 1000cc class for privateer bikes--no factories?  Any truth to this?

Well, read it for what it is....

Manufacturer supported superbike riders can't ride it.

Yamaha won't have a superbike, so Buckmaster, DiSalvo, Gobert, and Hacking will ride it...on full factory supported "Superstock" bikes.

Interesting thing will be the slicks issue.  I read that they are supposed to use slicks, but whether it's 16.5's or 17's...that will be my question.  

All the biggest development goes into 16.5's.  

But with WSB going to a spec tire along with World Supersport.  I know that we'll see some neat stuff from Michelin that might have taken a year to get here.
Super Dave