News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

I refuse to quit...

Started by dwilson, September 24, 2003, 10:44:25 AM

dwilson

Many of you may remember me from earlier this year.  I've had a year so messed up that racing hasn't even been an option.  I just started racing at the end of last season (summit piont 9-6) and hoped that I could get some real track time in this year and maybe get some wood.  Early in the year I payed off my debt with my retro-pay from a late raise & my savings, I was poor but not in debt.  Come April, I found I owe alot in taxes, May I crashed my bike pretty bad (I was fine) and this summer my car got stolen.  Can you say poor?  I had to ride my 76 CB750 to work everyday.  I considered selling the FZR race bike & race gear to buy a car but I knew that would be the end, I refused.  I had a 84 BMW 533i that a co-worker gave me early in the year that was sitting since 1990, this would be my summer.  With no savings I went paycheck to paycheck restoring it, newer motor, clutch, tires, etc...  A couple thousand later I have a nice car without getting into debt but alas the race season is over & the last Summit Point days are cancelled.  With the car finished, which literally consumed every waking hour of my summer, I'm back.  The FZR will be ressurected, fixed from it's last spill so many months ago and I'll just wait until next season.  I refuse to be one of those new racers who give up after finding that it's difficult, expensive & humbling.  I'm slow and my bikes slow but I won't stop until I can prove that I know how to race.   I'm pissed off that my summer was taken from me, that the bastards at the IRS can say I didn't pay "enough", that some prick stole my 89 toyota camry with 160K miles...  But I'll wait, it's all I can do.  I'll just have to buy all Keith Code's books again as they were in my car along with a new helmet.  

What can I say I'm a racer, a slow poor racer but I won't quit...

Dawn

Wow....

....  your summer sucked (I'm sure you have other words for it, but probably not work safe for the internet).

Good luck with everything.  

Dawn   ;)

EM JAY

Sorry to hear about all that!  Way to stick it out, it's only bad if you let it get you down and it sounds like you haven't.  Good luck next year!

;)
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest
  Thanks to Expert Racing Ltd. in Chicago and Madness Custom Choppers of Fox Lake

Mark Bernard

Dude....! I realy hope next year is better to you! Hang in there!
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region