News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Mychron-lite

Started by Team_nuclear123, September 22, 2003, 05:29:09 PM

Team_nuclear123

Has anyone used this? How does it stack up to the std Mychron....

Seems like a nice light removable package, great for practice....

r6_philly

I thought you know so much about DA, why don't know get some of those DA systems that you speak so fond of and leave the cheap stuff alone? what about them work forks and shock, how are they working out for you? beating AMA qualifying times yet?

and don't tell me you did your 50+ trackdays without having a laptimer and come here to talk about riding...

and where exactly do you live that you can ride 50+ trackdays

Team_nuclear123

ROFL

I have a lap timer on my Zx6rr and the one on my PI system on my 996R....

However, for a 14yo kid, we dont need full DA, his learning curve is steep enough.

I dont really spend much time working on my lap times, when I want to go faster, I ask Doug to show me around, and bingo I go faster...

In CALIFORNIA we can ride 12 months a year...  Hell, Ill be at Laguna Seca for 4 days in a row in december... Then Fontana and Buttonwillow in Feb. November 7, December has 8 track days, Oct has 14, but Im only doing 12.

Maybe if you lived where it was warmer, you wouldnt be so cranky!

Team_nuclear123

Oh, I almost forgot...

I wanted to try the light to have it easy to remove, so the only times he sees are what I give on the pitboard... No need to push when you have a lead, or are tired...

r6_philly

QuoteROFL

I have a lap timer on my Zx6rr and the one on my PI system on my 996R....

However, for a 14yo kid, we dont need full DA, his learning curve is steep enough.
What are you laughing at? if it is funny I am not gettin it, you may want to get that checked out.

for a 14 yo, you should not gauge performance on laptimes dumbass, you need to teach him technique and control and understanding of the dynamics of riding instead of simply laptimes.

steep learning curve? for a 14 yo? what is he retard or something? if you know what I had to learn when I was 14, you would go back, smack him and ask him how would he like to be sent overseas and learn how to start a successful career and be a happy and productive person, or just learn how to ride a bike fast. See what he says.

QuoteI dont really spend much time working on my lap times, when I want to go faster, I ask Doug to show me around, and bingo I go faster...
so you know all this much about bikes, riding, and racing, and you still don't go faster than most? what is the use for knowledge then? just forget all about it and ask Doug. He makes you faster...

you say you know a lot of stuff, and you don't know how to use them...

QuoteMaybe if you lived where it was warmer, you wouldnt be so cranky!

who was cranky? you were the one complaining about the barbers race... pro racing is ultimately entertainment, why ruin the show?

r6_philly

QuoteOh, I almost forgot...

I wanted to try the light to have it easy to remove, so the only times he sees are what I give on the pitboard... No need to push when you have a lead, or are tired...

then why do you need it at all? why not just use your stopwatches that you obviously are using?

using it in practice? you better off timing split times with a hidden timer so he can just work on what he needs to work on.

Full DA would work better because you can better gauge his learning and correct any potential problems. Since obviously he is not capable of analizing his own riding yet (based on your statement) then you need to look at what his is doing and tell him what he needs to improve. and only DA would do that. Laptimes will never do.

Talking about learning curve, you want the kid to look at the laptime and know what he did right or wrong? if thats true there wouldn't be any learning curve, he would be a genius.

Jeff

MCL is great...  inexpensive, easy to use, very reliable.  On/off in about 2 seconds.

Can't go wrong with one...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Super Dave

I'm using the XT timer.  Same price,  but it can give you a bunch more information.  You can put in track names and all, store the info, and you can actually download it onto a computer.  Same cost.  

And it uses a normal battery.  Aluminum case too, for those of us that fall down...even Bostrom...LOL!

Seriously, though, I really like mine a lot.
Super Dave

lfg929

Another vote vor XTR here. Mine has been through 2 crashes and works great still. Much easier to use than the Micron Lite (I had one and sold it to buy the XTR). It has gobs more features than the Micron and you can download lap times onto a PC to review later.