News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

VIR: North or South?

Started by fizzer400, September 21, 2003, 08:19:51 PM

fizzer400

All CCS events at VIR are run on the North course exclusively, right?

Thanks,
Jeff
CCS #419

james-redsv

There havent been any on the south side this year. Dont know about last year as I didnt go to all the VIR races. They should use the south course some, its a great track too. It would make things more interesting if they would.;D

tigerblade

I like the South course better.  The mini-corkscrew is awesome!
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

ecumike

Yes, all races are on the North course.

Hmmm. yea, running a race on the South course would be interesting.. I would probably be able to beat more SV's  :)

Since it's a small tight track, times don't vary very much there between bikes.

Roach

It's all fun and games until you try and get into the :13's on the south course and high-side at the top of that "mini corkscrew".  :-[

It would actually suck to race on, IMHO. All the off-camber stuff is a bit much after a while ... challanging yes, just not fun. The corkscrew is fun though (if you don't really screw it up).

- Roach

james-redsv

Hey roach you can make a mistake and highside on any track trying to lower your lap times. It doesnt matter which track is.  :o

Roach

QuoteHey roach you can make a mistake and highside on any track trying to lower your lap times. It doesnt matter which track is.  :o

Oh, I agree. I believe you do get extra points though if you gain extra hang time due to the ground falling away from you :)

The two thoughts weren't connected ... highsiding there isn't a reason I don't see it as a good competition track. The short length, too much off-camber stuff, small paddock, no power, no showers, etc, etc are the reasons IMHO. Especially when you have the N. course on the other side of the hill. It'd be like racing on the Jefferson at Summit.

- Roach

james-redsv

What about Talladega GP? WERA goes there all the time, track is shorter than S. VIR, there is no power, there are no showers. Hell the paddock is a old barn. I think you might be forgetting that 3/4 of S. VIR is part of the whole track. Im all about racing at different tracks, its starts getting old going to the same tracks all the time. BTW, IMHO, the small corkscrew on the S. side is no worse than the off camber corkscrew on the N. side. Bring back CMP and put VIR S. on the schedule, it will give us more races during the season and a little variety.

tigerblade

Don't a lot of people highside on their way up the hill after T7 on the North course?

Not arguing with ya...   ;)
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

TreyBone

There have been a few spills up there. (Donnie Unger for one). That is a turn where you just cant make up time. With the crest at the top, I dont care what kind of bike you have or how much horsepower, you have to wait to pick up the throttle. Unless you just completly blow the entry, getting back on the gas is gonna be at the same point for just about everybody.  

My .02

THE_D.O.C.

1: talladega is crap, and thank CCS we don't go there anymore.

2: why doesn't aaronson come and lament here how dangerous VIR is?  ;)