News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

SV???

Started by marco, September 14, 2003, 08:20:03 AM

marco

Just trying to get some feeback on SV's.  I noticed a lot more people racing them.

fizzer400

In my biased opinion, the best racebike you can buy! :)

If you're planning on racing an SV, the way to go is to buy a cheap used one that's been wrecked or buy one that's already race-prepped. You'll have to drop some cash to upgrade the crappy stock suspension, but other than that the bikes are great.

They absolutely dominate the lightweight classes(except for the occasional aprilia rs250). A really fun bike with plenty of power(but not too much), and lots of torque.

My friend has one for sale that's already race-prepped and maxed out with all the goodies, let me know if you're interested.

Jeff
CCS #419

TreyBone

Do the suspension, then jet and pipe,then,..... ride the $hit out of it. It is a very forgiving motorcycle to ride. and it is just so much fun to ride ;D

B-MAC

I have a 2002 race ready for sale, if you want to get into racing....

I have raced several different bikes in the past (600's, 1000cc twins and so on) but the SV is simply the most fun and the cheapest to operate..

Some people say they are slow but most of the expert SV riders are only 1-2 seconds behind the lap times of the big bikes

james-redsv

You dont need an SV, the lightweight classes are too big as it is. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

james-redsv

Hey Trey are you going to VIR, see you there if you are. J. Tuttle ;)