News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Gateway Practice day 9/12?

Started by Jeff, September 09, 2003, 09:08:01 AM

Jeff

Any news?

I thought www.midwestrider.com or something ran it, but that site is something different...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

tigerblade

Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

Jeff

$160 at the gate...  ???  :-/  :o

Is this put on by Freddie Spencer, Keith Code or Reg Pridmore?

Guess I spend Friday going over everything and having a relaxed setup day...
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Dawn

Quote$160 at the gate...  ???  :-/  :o

Yeah, I thought the same thing.  Too rich for me.

Dawn  

motomadness

Burt Munro

In case you weren't aware there have been a number of changes associated with Midwest Rider (i.e., the newspaper, the website, the track days) in the last 4 to 5 months.  Some of you may have attended track days at Gateway in April and May where there were bike sessions alternated with car sessions.  I do not believe that will be the case for the Sep and Oct dates, however.

The relationship,as I understand it between between Neville McNaughton (i.e., Midwest Rider) and MCRA (the organization that works the track days and the CCS events at Gateway) has become somewhat  'strained' which is probably the most PC way of putting it.

The pricing structure for the track days are higher this year although I don't believe they have changed from what was published at the start of the season.  I believe the rates last year were $100 in advance and $150 day of.  (May want to see if you can still pre-register at the lower rate if you were planning on coming to the Oct date.)

Not that any of this changes what it's going to cost you if you didn't pre-register.....   just thought I would put it out there so that people were aware of what may or may not be happening on Friday.

I am going to an MCRA meeting tonight and will post anything discussed there that pertains to the upcoming track days.

Rick

Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Jeff

I appreciate the changes, but the pricing is still pretty steep...

I wonder what your turn out would be if it was dropped to $80 for the day, on the day (similar to BHF or Gingerman).
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

sdiver68

FWIW, I have always gotten racer pricing of $100 day of registration.  

If you think the price is steep, try contacting Gateway and see if they'll reduce their rental fee, and offer refunds for rainy days where 15 people show up....
MCRA Race School Instructor

motomadness

I e-mailed on of the folks listed on the Midwest Rider's web site and he told me the racer price would be $110 at the track.

Burt Munro

That's interesting Sean..... wonder if the registration numbers are down to the point where they're trying to make sure they get a decent turn out.

One of the racers at the MCRA meeting last night said that for the last track day in June he had been told that if 6 or 7 riders from MCRA came in together they would each get a discount price of $133 at the track.  When he went to pay he had a hard time getting Neville to honor it.

Just to be safe you might want to have a copy of the email with you as proof.

Rick
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

K3 Chris Onwiler

Over the years, I've generally not practiced at Gateway because the fee was too steep.  I doubt I'm alone.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Super_KC124

Why would anyone need practice at Gateway? :-*