News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

UPDATED Benefit for Michael Firca (MW AM #73)

Started by KBOlsen, September 08, 2003, 03:16:09 PM

KBOlsen

Date:  Sunday, September 21, 2003
Time:  Noon until 6 p.m.
Location:  Slate Street Billiards - 700 Milwaukee Avenue, Vernon Hills, IL (SWC Milwaukee Ave. and IL Route 60)

$20 raffle tickets are available from Banzai - prizes include helmets, oil and gift certificates, among other things... grand prize is a SCOOTER!

Michael was brought home on Sunday.   His prognosis is good, but brain injuries can take months to heal - he will need outpatient therapy for some time to come.

His parents would like to thank everyone for keeping Mike in their prayers.
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

dylanfan53

I can't attend, but do you know if there is a fund set up for him? Address? Thanks.
Don Cook
CCS #53

the_weggie_man

We could set up a fund through the Wegman Benefit Fund. that would avoid the hassle of setting up a seperate account. We are already established for this purpose. It's easy to just keep a seperate accounting for one person.

I just received the contact information for Mike's parents and I will talk with them tomorrow and see if we can arrange that.

KBOlsen

Gina at Banzai is working with Mike's parents to establish a fund.  I'll post more details as soon as they're available.
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

the_weggie_man

I talked to Mike's mother this evening and she was very interested in our helping Mike with an account through the Wegman Fund. Much easier than through their bank.

I will have further info as soon as possible.

the_weggie_man

Apparently a fund is being set up at a local bank for Mike by his parents. I have no other info on that fund.

However, if anyone wants to donate to the Wegman Fund for Mike you may do so by sending donations to our address .... 3741 S. 71 St. Milwaukee, WI 53220. You may also donate through Pay Pal using this email address, gplunde@starnetusa.net.  Be sure to note the donation is for Mike Firca and it will stay in a seperate accounting for him.

I spoke to Mikes mother today and she said he is doing better but still needs therapy for awhile.  She will be contacting me when they need the help with  medical bills.

I cannot make the trip for the fund raiser by Banzai Motorsports but I encourage anyone who can to please make it down there and help out.

Any way I can still get raffle tickets? I need another scooter.