News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Jennings track wreck

Started by CCS_106, September 08, 2003, 08:57:07 AM

CCS_106

I saw one of the worst accedents ever yesterday at Jennings GP.  Totally avoidable and caused by all accounts by rider in-experiance and just stupidity.

Henry Can you update us on who were the indured riders and there condition now.

MELK-MAN

Dave, Mark Brown is pretty much ok other than beat up from head to toe. Having trouble walking as both feet are messed up as the meat on his toes got torn up. Fat Bloke spoke to him last night and put an update on the www.JenningsGP.com site http://jenningsgp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4688#4688. His feet (yes, both) i understand are NOT broken but as mentioned, are tore up pretty good. (On a side note, his bike is really bad and he had alot of sweat and money in that 250gp machine). There were others involved and i am not sure of thier conditions but they were not serious after they were attended to trackside. (i think)..
 >:(EVERYONE... if you go to the races with people who have not raced much or are about to, take a moment and tell them NEVER cross the track in the middle of a race, or any other safety tips like never stopping on the track. This idiot tried pushing a bike across the track rather than moving it away from the track after it stalled and ended up putting a dark cloud over an otherwise nice day at the races.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

r6_philly

Sorry to hear another one of us get hurt because of stupidity or igonorance.

At our trackdays we stress not stopping on the track and get away from the crash zone in every riders meeting. I know race schools cover that, but if some of us need reminders of what red flag means, maybe they should talk about some trackside common sense too.

MightyDuc Racing

Henry DeGouw told me that everybody was home from the hospital as of this morning.
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

wizard

i seen the whole thing and it totaly sucked.

funny thing it didnt even seem to bother the people and friends of the Jackass who caused it all

ScubaSteve

I know rupert the guy on the SV that was involved has a broken collarbone and a sprained ankle and a concussion. Hope everyone recovers soon and something needs to be done to the guy who caused it!
Steve

CCS FL

mmills416

complete dumb >:(ass, almost took me out too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mmills416

I just meet Rupert he's a hell of a nice guy and Mark like a Jennings Fixture.  Its really a shame for that to have happened.  

MightyDuc Racing

I feel really bad for Mark.  That corner is never very good to him.  I'm just glad more of you weren't caught up in it and nobody was hurt worse.  I don't think I know Rupert, but wish him well for me.
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

ScubaSteve

I almost got into it also jsut barely missed the bike in the middle of the track!!!
Steve

CCS FL