News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

VRS Thanks you...

Started by Super Dave, September 06, 2003, 09:11:21 PM

Super Dave

Hi, all...

ANOTHER formal school season is in the books for me, and my instructor staff.  2003 was a wild ride for me from about Novermber 2002 on...

Anyway, I will be making substantial changes for 2004, and exactly what they will be, I do no know.  I have been doing some independent work on track days that I don't have scheduled with other groups (NESBA, STT, for example), and that type of a program, although expensive to an individual, is really rewarding for me and the individual.

Although CCS and other school programs feel that getting more people involved in motorcycle racing will improve OUR plight, the current racers, I always felt that it was more important to maintain the current crop of racers with more knowledge and skill so that they could ride longer;  if you knew what to do the first time around, you wouldn't spend so much money learning from your experiences, right?

Anyway, I'd like some input from some folks.

Thoughts?  

I have though about having some programs at Blackhawk for a small number of riders...maybe eight riders and myself at the most.  That would require racing licenses, and the cost would be easily $400 a day per person, possibly a bit less.

As I understand it, CCS may or may not continue with the SRD dates.  Should I attempt to work with them?  Attempt to run the day myself?  

I enjoy offering a program to non racing riders.  However, my biggest problem is always being able to work with each person myself.  How important am I, personally, in the program?  I think I understand the potential answer, but I would like to have some input, if I could.

Anyway, thanks again.... 8)

Super Dave

Steviebee

only wish i could of been there the this weekend !!

Bernie

Take your show on the road.  It would be cool if you did something in the mid-atlantic. :)

Baltobuell

As Mike Himmelbach does with team pro-motion, maybe you could hook up with the SRD days. Just a thought. Might be cheaper to do it that way, but $400 isn't alot of money for a teacher with the time to really teach you something. I think we all know what it costs to learn on our own.

EX#996

Himmm.....

I will have to put some thought into this.  BTW - thanks for brake pads.  We really apppreciate it!   ;)

Just a note from personal experience....  If you have the opportunity to learn from Dave - DO IT.  Without his help, I don't think that Paul would be running the times that he is now.

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

motomadness

I can say for sure that you not only helped me improve my riding technique and my setup technique, but you also gave me a new mental perspective about going out to the track and riding smarter.

Thanks.

I would probably pay the money for at least one good day of training.  What you have shown me so far is proof that you're definitely an important part of my future success.

Super Dave

QuoteTake your show on the road.  It would be cool if you did something in the mid-atlantic. :)

I can do anything anywhere.  Just a matter of budget.  I have less of a budget than most people that I know that race.  

As for SRD days, I think it depends upon the people running the SRD days.  Although many times that we did run with them, the relationship from the CCS side was rather adversarial to the VRS people.  To the point that my students didn't want to come to them.  I can't make them come if they don't feel welcomed.  Worse thing is that these are racers that have a lot of familiarity with the local CCS staff.

Regardless, there might be an opportunity there.  Not sure if my racer students want it.

I'm glad that I've had the opportunity to help racers too.  I waved Jesse Janish by in GTU as my right arm started to fail.  I really wanted to see what he was doing at speed;  I wanted him to do a 1:10 at Blackhawk.  Didn't happen, but he rode well.  

Stevebee...I mentioned to Pierre how fun it's been to watch the two of you work on your stuff this year.  You've done well.

So, where's everyone racing next?  I'm I one of the few going to Gateway this up coming weekend?
Super Dave

Dawn

QuoteSo, where's everyone racing next?  I'm I one of the few going to Gateway this up coming weekend?

Gateway
Gingerman
Gateway

BTW...  What is the latest that one can get into the gate at Gateway on Friday night?

Dawn   :)

EM JAY

So, where's everyone racing next?  I'm I one of the few going to Gateway this up coming weekend?

I'm skiping Gateway, I'll be at Gingerman and then Daytona!! ;D
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest
  Thanks to Expert Racing Ltd. in Chicago and Madness Custom Choppers of Fox Lake

Super Dave

That's kind of a funny one.  Some people can get in, some don't.

They don't sell passes at the gate.  Kind of strange.  But sometimes, you just get let in.

The track food is really expensive, so I usually camp out in the rest area outside of town, get breakfast, and then go in.  

Oh, and gas and fuel costs a lot closer to St Louis...get it way outside of town.  With the diesel, I can get it south of Springfield and then get it again in that same spot on the way back.
Super Dave

Steviebee

I'm 99% sure that im done racing this year.  It's a $$$ thing. !!

Planning on doing the Road A and Putnam track days with NESBA.  Maybee something else .

Well this was my first year at this and boy i learned alot, spent alot and had the best and worst time.  Met a lot of people, made some friends.

I think next year im going to try to run the entire schedule, just the HW classes !!!  just maybe !!

I still need help,  help on setup and help on riding.  I only raced at two tracks this year.

I liked the VRS day on thursday, then track practice on friday and racing on the weekend.

Im definetly looking forward to this next year.  

400$ per day,  (plus another 150$, if its like a nesba trackday,  or are you talking about just 10 people on the track !!)  is kind of steep.   Maybee you could include putting a vid camera on your tank and follow us, then having a group "critique" session ??   I need someone to point and say "there, your foot is worng, or see you not looking where u should" !! That i would really want !! and we could get a cool video !!  

lil_thorny

To anyone interested, Super Dave's schools were
reasonably priced. oh and well worth it. I can't thank him enough.
Benji #30