News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Blackhawk Missing Tent

Started by Bird, August 28, 2003, 07:55:29 PM

Bird

I have to believe it was an accident but sunday when we were done with the race's a cornerworker, Brian came back to the paddock to find his blue & white Eureuka tent, self inflating air mat, sleeping bag & pillow gone. It was near the bonfire area headed for turn 1. We asume someone thought they were doing a buddy or injured rider a favor. If you have it or know its whereabouts please let us know if it can be returned for the next Blackhawk.

K3 Chris Onwiler

That really blows!   >:(  Brian can share my tent if he needs to at the next blackhawk.
K3 Chris
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Bird

Thanks Chris, I'll pass the offer on to Brian. What about sharing your sleeping bag? Do you ever use your tent and sleeping bag? Usally your up all night turning wrenches. Thanks again.

Still hoping for the best.

Dawn

I have sticky'd this so it stay's on top.  Hopefully it will turn up.

Dawn   ;)

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteDo you ever use your tent and sleeping bag? Usally your up all night turning wrenches.
Sigh... :(
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Woofentino Pugrossi

I really hope this was just someone that thought it was a injured racers gear and not a thief.  >:(

Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Bird

Thanks Dawn.
I refuse to let myself consider that this was anything but a mistake. The effect of 1 bad apple's action could have a serious effect on the attitude of the entire padock.

Photo_Chick

Maybe someone will bring it back to you at the next race...

Thorny

Could be allot worse. Up in Crandon, WI at the World Champion Brush Run Off Road Race a guy was sleeping in his "pup" tent when a drunken meat head ran him over and killed him :o last Saturday evening. So, things can always be worse!
 P.S. The cops still don't know who ran him over!!

mj

Sad but true there are some JERKS out at the racetrack.

At the last Blackhawk weekend, along with the missing tent some tickets walked away from the Wegman table.

That same weekend at the track some bozo ran into my Son's new Tahoe, caved in a door and just drove off !

It would be sad if this bonehead is one of our fellow racers.  :-[

Jeff

QuoteP.S. The cops still don't know who ran him over!!

I'd guess that'd be because the line-up contained thousands of drunken meatheads...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest