Isle of Man winner at Grattan Wera round

Started by oh344ccs, August 25, 2003, 02:40:29 PM

oh344ccs

Shaun Harris the 03 600, and 1000 production class winner from the Ilse of man races was at Grattan this weekend for some racing.  He and Larry Dening put on without a doubt the best racing that I have ever seen, live or televised.  Shaun was on a borrowed Wera Novice racers bike that he had never been on before, and started in the 5th row.  By the end of the first lap he was passing Larry at 150MPH going into turn one CCW at Grattan.  The races had all been shortened to 6 laps due to some early rain, and a couple of incidents due to the wet track.  In the 6 lap race there were at least 20 lead changes, none of which had their bikes more than a few inches apart.  The track was being ran backwards, and these guys were running 1:21.0's, on 600's.  The fastest 1K lap that I know of was a high 22.  I got to meet Shaun and have to say that he was one of the nicest guys that you would ever want to meet, and he's got ton's of race stories.  Not to mention that he helped about 6 different racers to get a better set-up, with his knowledge of bikes(self included).  I guess he's looking for a way to race in the States next season, and I guess he is planning on being at Barber for the AMA round.  He also was thinking about going to VIR if he could find a way to make it.  Watch for him to make an impact on the non-factory feild, and just remember that he will be on a borrowed bike that he has ridden once.   :o