News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Wegman Fund Auction

Started by StumpysWife, August 25, 2003, 11:52:42 AM

StumpysWife

For those of us who finally went to bed, does anyone know what was the total amount raised?

It was fun...

I'm the proud new owner of Jake Zemke's boots and kickass gloves.  It sure was nice of him to break in the boots for me.  They'll be going out tonight for a toddle.  Thanks Stumpy :-*.

Heather
(Having a hard time typing wearing these gloves   ;D)

pitbtch#1

Gordy annouced on sunday at the riders meeting that they made over 17000$.  Thanked all that was there

Heath

StumpysWife

Wow!  That's great for an auction!  Congrats Wegman Fund!

I missed the riders meeting due to a tire warmer bungee blowout.  

Heather

the_weggie_man

Yes, we took in over $17,000 over the weekend. A new record for us again!

There were a few glitches in the program. Like when someone dumped a beer on our computer  >:(. but other things went well. The silent auction was a success so look for that again next year.

There will be other changes to improve the flow of things and hopefully get the auction time shortened up a bit.  We hoped to do that this year but  it didn't happen due to circumstances beyond our control. One being that more than half of the items donated didn't show up until Saturday afternoon at the track.  That makes it difficult  for us to catalog them and consolidate some things into packages to reduce the actual number of items being auctioned.

Anyway, it was a great night for the fund and the racers we help. I will get a proper thank you out as soon as we get all the paperwork finished but for now, THANK YOU to everyone that donated to and spent their hard earned money at the auction. We and the injured racers we assist truly appreciate your generosity and kindness.

spyderchick

Ditto on what Gordy said!

Thank you to everyone who participated.
Special shout out to Joey and Jane Jancowski for helping things run smooth, to Lisa Krueger, for jumping in when the beer hit the laptop. To Nick Manske and crew for the food prep. To Russ Intravartolo and crew of Starnet for computer software support and donated items. Sorry if I forgot anyone.

Congrats to Gordy and Laurel Lunde as well as Dave Doe for such a successful action. I think it's a record haul. Am I right Gordy?
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".