SV Supersport Tires, what are the options?

Started by lbk, August 22, 2003, 11:48:08 AM

lbk

Ok, so getting ready to purchase tires for the SV I need D.O.T so I can run supersport. I use to run 208GP's on the Gixxer and I really liked those but I can't find anything from dunlop in a D.O.T that fits only slicks.

So what are you other SV SS guys running. Up to this point I have only run Dunlops so if I have to go to another tire manufacturer I could use some help determining which one.

KBOlsen

Try Michelins - I think that's what Paul (996) runs...
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

tigerblade

Cabbage ran Michelins.  S2 front but I think he could only get an H2 rear.
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

Zac

Pirelli/Metzeler sell a 160/60 rear in soft and super soft compound (not medium (yellow)).  This is what I ran on my Duc 750SS.  They even sell a 150 rear and a 110 front for those of you with 4 inch rear rims and 3 inch front rims (stock MZ skorp. wheels)

-z.

pitbtch#1

My dad runs dunlops on is sv talk to andy if u are going to be at BHF this weekend he should have some that will work

Heath

lbk

I'll check with Andy since I'll be out there Sunday spectating, but does your dad run slicks or D.O.T's?

I know slicks are readily available, supposedely the 208GP's come in that size, but I can't find anyone who carries them. So I'll see him and if he has something great if not I'll check out the Michellins.

pitbtch#1

IBK hey my  dad runs dot also he has never ran slicks and he gets all his tires from andy.

Heath

Woofentino Pugrossi

Dave, My F2 uses the same tire sizes as your SV. I got a D207GP rear and a D208GP front from Andy. Works pretty dam good.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

ecumike

You have to get a 207 for the rear. They don't have the 208's yet in 160.

james-redsv

All the top SV guys in the SE/Mid-atlantic are running Pirellis, Danny Tacket, Darren D, Bill Davenport, J. Tuttle. Case closed. ::)

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteYou have to get a 207 for the rear. They don't have the 208's yet in 160.

They do have 160's in a street compound 208. They dont make 208GPs in 160 though.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

cabbage996

I did indeed run the s2 front h2 rear and we all know how blazin' fast I ran too.  Michelin's are where it's at.