Started by EX#996, August 19, 2003, 06:47:50 PM

EX#996

How's he doin? how's his family?

Any update would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Scott_Padgitt

I visited Stu yesterday. He is doing well considering all of his injuries.  In his own words "they keep finding sh!+ wrong with me" .
They are keeping him pretty drugged up for obvious reasons.  He will be in the hospital at least through today (maybe longer).  He really appreciates all the support he has been receiving.
I will see him today and will pass on your well wishes.

He is at UAB hospital in Birmingham.  Room M 734

Scott Padgitt

Dawn

Scott:

Thanks for the update.  If you have an address that we can send cards, we would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Dawn   :)

Scott_Padgitt

With him hopefully getting out tomorrow he would not get them if you sent them to the hospital. I will get an address of where he will be and post it here.

Scott

Chef

Tell him to be patient.....
and thanks again, Scott.....

Ike
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

Scott_Padgitt

I'll tell him Ike.
Unfortunately, he is a racer.  Patience is something we don't do well  ;D

Hopefully he will be heading home tomorrow.  He will be staying at his girlfriend's house.

411 Locksley Lane
Tallahassee, FL 32312

They are saying that he will be in a wheelchair for 2 months.  I'll give that 2 weeks tops and he'll be on crutches.  Gonna be a long hard road for him.  He will need all the support he can get.

Thanks,
Scott Padgitt

buffy

Please wish him well for me. His girlfriend was standing next to me at start/finish and I lost track of her but wanted to wish him a speedy recovery. I am so thankful that Ike and Stu are both recovering and we can look forward to seeing their smiling faces again hopefully soon. Thanks
 8)
Jenny Clance
CCS SE/MA scorer

Peanut

I talked to Stu yeaterday briefly.  He has a few more issues than they orginally though but is getting ready to be released I think today.

TreyBone

Are we talking about my buddy Stu #666?  Unfortunatly I did not make it this weekend so I am unaware of what is going on.  Any info is appreciated. I am assuming it is my buddy because his girlfriend (kathy) and him both live in Tallahassee.

Scott_Padgitt

Yes, it is Stu Vernon.

He is still in the hospital as of an hour ago.  He couldn't talk on the phone when I called.  I am supposed to call him back in a little while.  Hopefully he will have good news as to when he will be going home.

Scott

Scott_Padgitt

Great news   :) :)

I just got back from helping to get Stu out of the hospital.  They are going to pick up his trailer and head to Tallahassee.
I told Stu that he needs to read the BBS because he has lots of well wishes on here to catch up on.

You guys have been great.

Scott Padgitt

funksouljon

I spoke to him a bit ago. He is clear and free from AL and on his way home.
He says right leg, tib and fib both have a section above the ankle that were shattered, but no damage to the knee or ankle joints. Some muscle damage on the front of the shin area that may cause flexibility/range of motion issues later. Unknown damage to the right wrist, doc wrapped it preventative type. Broken rightside collarbone (hence the need for wheelchair). Several cracked ribs (unknown if those were from another crash) and this was the cause for the partially deflated lung which the doctors are now happy with so they let him go after pulling the tube that was sucking the air bubble out of his chest.