Dunlop Daytona Tire Test

Started by CCS_106, August 19, 2003, 04:32:57 PM

CCS_106

I played hookey today and watched the Dunlop Tire test today.   There were only four riders, Mladdin, DuHummel, Bostrom and Yates.  Mladdin could turn consistant 149.50- 150.00 on good tires.  The Honda's were in the 152's all day.   Yates must have crashed early before I got there, he only ran a few laps in the afternoon on a bike with brand new unpainted body work.

Mladdin seemed to fall off after 4 laps and back into the 1:50's so who knows how long they would last.  The test runs the next two days and when they find a tire they like they will put a lot a laps on it to see how it holds up.

Dawn

Next time you play hookey, take me along too...   ;D

Dawn   :)

GSXR RACER MIKE

Just out of curiousity, do they charge for you to spectate that? I would think that would be a private track rental situation?
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

StumpysWife

I had read that the gates were open and free to the public...yes, I'd play hooky too, if I wasn't at the other end of the country.  

I'm glad someone got to go watch...it sounds like fun!!!  

CCS_106

Yes, you can walk through Daytona USA and into the old stands for free.  I had some binoculars so i could see into the pits.  Depends if I have time but I might make it back tommarow.  

One site says this morning that Yates didnt crash but had a brand new bike and they didnt have time to paint the body work.  You knows.