Camping at BHF

Started by Burt Munro, August 17, 2003, 12:30:44 PM

Burt Munro

Thinking about riding my bike to BHF to cornerwork or help with Tech/Grid if needed.  I'm going to be camping and have never been there before.

Anything special I should know about times that the gates are open/closed, restrictions, showers, etc?

Also.... I plan on getting there Thursday night.  Who can I check with to see if they need workers for the Track Day on Friday?  

Thanks!

Rick
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Woofentino Pugrossi

Theres a guard at the gate. They usually let people (with wrist bands) come and go as they like. Just dont be loud after 9pm. Showers are pay showers. They are in the same building as the bathrooms (on teh turn 4-5 side of the building.

Talk with Bill Ritger or Dave about cornerworking. If you havent been trained as a cornerworker, they will train you, but if you havent done training before, then they might have you wait until sat for their school.

I'm gonna try to be cornerworking and racing this coming races also.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Burt Munro

Thanks Rob!  No problem on the experience end - I have worked corners for the last couple years at Gateway and MAM.  I have an email address for Bill Fehrman but not Bill Richter.  I emailed Bill F.'s daughter Amy and she was going to forward it to her dad.  

Thanks for the info on the gate and showers!  I guess I need to find out how late on Thursday I can get a wristband.

Rick
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Nate R

There should be a guard there all night on Thursday, if I'm not mistaken. (Don't count on it unless someone else can confirm this)

If you arrive between 6 and 7 AM, you will not be able to get a wristband from the guard, and will have to wait until the normal channels are open at 7.  :-/ They will NOT make exceptions if you come at 4 minutes after 6, either.  >:(
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

Woofentino Pugrossi

Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

pitbtch#1

Rick,  Hey i know for a fact that we dont need help for cornerworkers on friday.  But on saturday and sunday, we  could use all the help we can get.  If u come thursday night u wont get a wristband till friday morning.  But if u get there thursday night u will have to go back to regisration on friday morning to get your wristband

Heath

andy342

Bring an extra dry towel to the showers.  If you touch the coin box with a wet bare hand you will be mildly electrocuted.  

Jeff

No $hit!  Hot tip here Ray! Water and Electricity don't mix!

Go out to the flying J and for $5.50 you get a CLEAN, NICE Shower with soap and towels provided.

If you're cheap, you could probably split the cost and share a shower with a lonely trucker.  Hell, you might make a buck or two  :o
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

StumpysWife

Another hot tip, use the women's shower...this phenomenon doesn't occur in there  ;D.

And for the record, I just love the Flying J.  Never showered there, though!