Still Giddy from 2 Wheel Tuesday

Started by StumpysWife, August 13, 2003, 08:03:37 AM

StumpysWife

Hello, Chatty Heather here avoiding statistical reports,

I'm just wondering if anyone out there has raced on any Canadian tracks? The highlights of the two tracks used for Canadian Supersport on 2 Wheel Tuesday last night looked interesting.  I think one was Montreal.  

Also, I was disappointed that upcoming CCS/FUSA events weren't listed on upcoming events.  Perhaps CCS "marketing" should get in touch with Greg of the small T-shirts (sorry, he needs clothing help). I hope that eventually FUSA/CCS highlights could  be a part of this show.  I think that if they can show a bunch of Harley riders drinking & driving (whole other rant) while doing a "scavenger hunt", they can manage to show a little club racing, too.  

Need I mention the interview with Nicky :-*  I hope he's having the time of his life ...Sigh...

After seeing the two little girls learning on their XR50s, I need a kid.  That is just so fun!!!!!

OK - Urge for kid is gone now. I'll stick to weiner dogs on RR's...

SliderPhoto

Heather, you're too cool. Wish my wife saw bikes like you do. Anyway....

Giddy?  ??? I was disapointed. I'm not sure what that show was. I guess it's going to try to be everything for everyone for two wheels all crammed into one hour. :( Personally I was thinking there was going to be more race coverage. Luckily I was reading my RRWorld during most of it.

SliderPhoto

OK, yes I liked the Nicky interview, which sounded a lot, a lot, let me repeat, a lot like the interview I recently read in print. It was cool though when he said, yeah, Val is a nice guy, he kinda does his own thing, we don't really share info but I got to follow him a few times, that was neat.  ;D ::)

The Canadian tracks?  ??? You want to go there after seeing that? Wow, the pavement looked terrible.

StumpysWife

QuoteGiddy?  I was disapointed.
Yup, I was being sarcastic  ;D. Well, except for the Nicky interview--hee hee!  Although, I agree, no new info there...Just good to see all the footage of him on his bike.  My friend ran into him at the Chicago airport on his way back from South Africa (I think) and Nicky was so happy to see an American fan again :).    

Canadian tracks - yes the pavement looked horrible as I suspect it is up there.  Our new roads here in the U.P. are bad.  I doubt they pave their tracks any more frequently than U.S. tracks.  SD - how do you set up the bike to take potholes!!!  

Bottom line, I'd rather be in my Greg's Garage than spend an hour in shiny head's garage.  Now if only Zemke and Ben would stop over and help me hand Stumpy the 10mm wrench.  

(Stumpy's real name is Greg - Shhhhhhh!)  

1fastmofo

Yeah,

Watching the race from Mosport was crazy. Those guys were catching air while leaning in the turns. The front straight looked like a MX course. I'm not that far from those tracks and I wanted to go there, but I dunno anymore. I'm surprised no one said anything about it in their interviews.  :o

Super Dave

QuoteSD - how do you set up the bike to take potholes!!!

Gots to work at it one step at a time.  

Having a rear shock that has high and low speed compression dampening.  Stock internal dampening isn't enough on the front fork.  
Super Dave

Super_KC124

Quote Stock internal dampening isn't enough on the front fork.  

Maybe that was my problem at Topeka? :o Mosports made Heartland Park look as smooth as a baby's butt. ;D

Super Dave

Yeah, the Canadian tracks are a bit different.  Bumpy and some barriers where you wouldn't want them.  But, that's all they've got.

Super Dave

Super_KC124

I would imagine the weather takes it's toll on the surfaces. I would race there, though. Just slow down a bit. ;D

Super Dave

And the extreme weather in Topeka takes it's toll on Heartland Park.  Still, you can go very fast.  Often, if you can get the bike in hard, the load smooths out the bike's handling.
Super Dave