News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Give me a B ...  Give me a A .. Give me a  HOLY &#

Started by Steviebee, August 11, 2003, 02:27:27 PM

Steviebee

Well, spent two days at Barber ..

Im a total newb at this so i dont have anything to compare to. (only been to Putnam and Blackhawk)  But OMG OMG OMG

This place has 14 corners and only like 1 of them is flat.  All the other corners are going up or down hills !!

there 3 different quick left..rights  of slow, med and fast speeds.

There are 2 spots where your going over a hill/crest while leaned over (quite exciting for me as i almost fell off the back of the bike).

Theres a few places your tuning in for the corner when u cant see the apex.

This track is WIIIIDDE  45 feet.  (never been to something like that),  over cook the corner and theres lots of room in most spots.

It looks like several corners are setup such that the fast line doesnt take you to the edge of the track.

Oh and amoung all the rules that they have, it looks like theres no PA system, they have a FM transmitter, someone should find out for me. (im too lazy).

This place really makes me want to get a pit bike too.  Its a long walk to go to the museum or the back straight.

EDDIE98

Yep, bring your radio if you want to hear the announcer.
So is the museum open?

Steviebee

I never got to go over to the museum.  I figured id be there this weekend too.

GSXR RACER MIKE

Do they allow bicycles at Barber as a form of transportation enhancement? I found out the hard way that Daytona doesn't allow them! :o
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Super Dave

I've been to Mr Barber's museum several times when it was in down town Birmingham.  It's pretty awesome, so the new set up will just be way cool.
Super Dave

CCS

ATV's, ATC's, golf carts,pit cars,pit bikes, bicycles and other pit vehicles allowed in the paddock area only, unless said vehicles are street legal.

All drivers/riders of pit vehicles must carry a valid divers license.

Minors are not allowed to operate bicycles in the park at anytime.

Rollerblades, roller skates, Razor scooter and skate boards are not permitted at any time in the park.

Speed limits are posted, and where not posted other-wise, the speed limit is 15mph.

Other rules will be on the back of the event schedules available at registration.

Gate fee is $25 for weekend, $15 for one day. (Must purchase a weekend band on Saturday since camping is allowed.)
Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-CCS/ASRA
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127