Entries for Barber....

Started by EX#996, August 10, 2003, 03:54:21 PM

EX#996

Just something I overheard at Heartland this weekend.....

Apparently some of the classes are full.  If you are not pre-entered, you may want to call CCS to see if there is room on the grid before you drive there.

Dawn   ;)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

r6_philly

I was told nothing is even half full, the biggest grid has about 25 people so far.

GSXR RACER MIKE

This was from the topic "question about 2 wave starts at Barber"

Our head clerk is planning registration on Friday evening, from 5-7PM.  We will be arriving mid-day to mid afternoon, but since the track is running the practice, we anticipate that we will not be able to handle registration/gate fees until practice closes.

The Ft Worth folks are in Topeka at Heartland Park, Kevin had commented that there was a large number of expert preregistered riders.  I'll try to find out if any classes are closed.

Our SE starter does an excellent job of balancing safety with competive opportunities.  His task or goal is to have the 2nd wave delayed only enough that there is a smooth  flow of riders through the first turn from both waves.

We do and will have longer delays between waves if it is a combined expert and amateur event with density.  Stu has been playing too long at Roebling where we have small   fields and often only have a space break between expert and amateurs with one wave starts.

Its too bad you haven't been back with CCS for a year, hope to see you there, enjoying your racing weekend.  

BTW, the schedule has been modified.  Practice  will start at 8:05 and end at 9:35, with riders meeting at 9:40 on both days.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96