News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Daytona Race of Champions

Started by GSXR RACER MIKE, August 04, 2003, 12:00:01 AM

GSXR RACER MIKE

Was just thinking that I hadn't seen anything yet on when the ROC registration period will be, figure that should be starting in a few weeks or so?

I was also wondering the cut-off date for our individual regional class standings that will be used to determine our grid positions for the ROC? Couldn't recall if that date is usually the same as the last day of pre-entry or if it is after that?

I know that the Race of Champions is still 2 1/2 months away, but time flies when your having fun!  ;D
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Super Dave

Always seems like the forms are traditionally late.  Early to Mid Sep.  

They usually close the points in late Sep, so for those of us that race into late Sep to early Oct...in a way, those points are meaningless.
Super Dave

CCS

September 22nd is the Cut-off for ROC rankings and pre-entries.

I am working on the mailer right now, should be out in another 10-14 days.
Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-CCS/ASRA
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127

StuartV666

QuoteSeptember 22nd is the Cut-off for ROC rankings and pre-entries.

Does that mean that the September 27 - 28 round at VIR won't count towards Regional Championships? Or does it just mean that the MA and SE Champs might not actually get gridded first at the ROC (if the point standings change as a result of that weekend)?

And, for that matter, the ROC is listed on the schedule as an all-region event. Does that mean that the races at the ROC will count towards Regional Championship standings? I.e. you could come to the ROC with the most points in a class in your Region and leave the ROC not being the Regional Champ in that class? Or does the ROC ONLY determine National Champs (and 2nd place on back is meaningless)?

- Stu

ecumike

Good question(s).  I'm also a little confused about how this whole thing works.

I always thought that regional points just determine your champions in each class in each region separately. Points are accumulated up to the last regional race (not including Daytona). Done.

Then ROC is totally separate, only gridded based on point standings, and determines National Champ. based on that race only. Done.

IE: So I could be like 20th in a class, then mod-up my bike (to the rules), goto the ROC, win and be a national champ. for a class.

mtw

will those mailers be making it up to Ontario?I still have not even got a license yet

GSXR RACER MIKE

QuoteDoes that mean that the September 27 - 28 round at VIR won't count towards Regional Championships? Or does it just mean that the MA and SE Champs might not actually get gridded first at the ROC (if the point standings change as a result of that weekend)?

And, for that matter, the ROC is listed on the schedule as an all-region event. Does that mean that the races at the ROC will count towards Regional Championship standings? I.e. you could come to the ROC with the most points in a class in your Region and leave the ROC not being the Regional Champ in that class? Or does the ROC ONLY determine National Champs (and 2nd place on back is meaningless)?

- Stu

See my response to some of these very questions at this old subject, it will explain part of it, including gridding at the ROC.

http://www.racemotorcycles.com/cgi-bin/board/YaBB.pl?board=ccs1;action=display;num=1055889136

The ROC only counts toward the national championship, not your regional one. Whether you attend the ROC or not your regional points/championships will not be effected either way. Your regional points/chamionships continue thru till the end of your regions season, at which time the regional class championships will be decided by your standings in the points.

It's also true that whatever happens in your regional standings after the September 22 deadline does NOT count toward your grid position at the ROC. I have 2 events between the cut-off date and the ROC, so it is very possible something could change regionally in that time frame, but that's how it's got to be. There is only 3 weeks time between the cut-off date and when CCS would be going to Daytona. That time will be needed to get everyones entries processed in correct order of entry and position in regional standings.

As far as your statement: "Or does the ROC ONLY determine National Champs (and 2nd place on back is meaningless)?". I don't know how "meaningless" getting 2nd place at the ROC against some of the top competetors in the nation is? I would think a potential $pon$er would want to have their name associated with that type of achievement!
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96