Heartland Park/Barber/BHF

Started by GSXR RACER MIKE, August 03, 2003, 11:36:19 PM

TZ_Boy

Wow does Barber look like a wide track?  I feel lost just looking at those pic's.

GSXR RACER MIKE

I got all emotional looking at those pic's! :'(

Is that a thing of beauty or what! I can't wait to get there!
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

GSXR RACER MIKE

QuoteDitto.

I would love to do Barber, but it's too many too far, too close together...

Barber needs to be in early April...skip the race at Blackhawk in early April.  Let's go south, further than St Louis, where the potential for better weather, no snow and ice, is better.

But I don't make the schedules...only make my recommendations.

I have the same opinion as you on the scheduling issue. As convenient as BHF is to me, and how I like to race there, I still agree that the 1st BHF event held there typically each season is a real bummer weatherwise. I too think that a more southerly track such as Barber or even HP is better placed at the start of the season, with maybe a Putnam or Gateway race following that. Similarly mid-summer events should be held at places like Road America or Brainerd, with mixed in BHF, Gingerman, or Gratten events. MAM would be well placed in late spring and late summer/early fall in my opinion (no leaves getting on the track!).

Hey Dave, you could always tag along with me to Barber if ya wanted (I have plenty of room. ;D). Sure looks tempting, doesn't it?
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

diesel748

those barber pics make me want to go there right now!!! TZ-BOY look at all of the room for your two smoke to go on the outside.

Super Dave

Quote    Hey Dave, you could always tag along with me to Barber if ya wanted (I have plenty of room. ;D). Sure looks tempting, doesn't it?

Not that easy...

Still costs money to race, time away from family...  It's flat out about every weekend through the first weekend in October for me with the consulting I do...
Super Dave