News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Heartland Park/Barber/BHF

Started by GSXR RACER MIKE, August 03, 2003, 11:36:19 PM

GSXR RACER MIKE

Well the triple back to back to back event schedule is upon us Midwesterners and I was just wondering who else is doing all 3? I heard alot of people are doing 2 events by skipping either HP or Barber. Which is it for all of you MW/GL/GP riders?

Looks like the weather is supposed to be sunny and 90* for the whole HP event as of now.  ;D  I'm driving down to HP Thursday (apx. 9 hours), racing Friday and Saturday, and driving back Saturday night.

I am planning on going to Barber the following weekend too. I'm going to drive down there Friday(apx. 12+ hours  :-/), race Saturday and Sunday, start driving back Sunday night till I can't see straight anymore then stop and sleep, and finish traveling Monday.

The following weekend I am going to BHF, sure am glad that is my home track! I was going to take Super Daves' knowledge and skill expansion school that week too, but I figured I would just wait till the next one 2 weeks later at BHF. I don't want to be massively sleep deprived when I take his school!
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

K3 Chris Onwiler

I'm doing all three and the Visionsports school as well.  Thank God for this two-weekend break.  I got a million little things done on my bike, and even some auto and home maintenance as well!
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

EX#996

Topeka - yes
Barber - no
BHF - yes

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Super Dave

QuoteTopeka - yes
Barber - no
BHF - yes

Dawn   :)

Ditto.

I would love to do Barber, but it's too many too far, too close together...

Barber needs to be in early April...skip the race at Blackhawk in early April.  Let's go south, further than St Louis, where the potential for better weather, no snow and ice, is better.

But I don't make the schedules...only make my recommendations.
Super Dave

tigerblade

I'm hoping to do HP, Barber, then MAM the next weekend (with CRA).   :o
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

OmniGLH

Our group got a little split up.

Shallcross is the only one doing HP.  The rest of us don't have the budget, or interest, to drive to freakin' Topeka in the middle of August.

We're all going down to Barber.  Leaving Thursday afternoon/evening - staying until Sunday, leaving Sunday night.  SHould be home juuust in time to get to work.

We'll most likely be at BHF - tho who knows what the budget's gonna look like after Barber.
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

diesel748

Sounds like us leave thurs. night cannon ball run it down there practice fri. race sat race early sun. cannon ball it back and work on monday. We all need to have our heads examined!

StumpysWife

Team Stumpy
Topeka - No.
Barber - No.
BHF - Yup!

Good luck to you all at HP and Barber.  Wish we could come play, but Stumpy tends to overheat if we go further south than South Beloit.  We'll be thinking of you!  

See ya at Blackhawk!

tigerblade

C'mon, doesn't Barber look worthwhile?!   8)

Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

Dawn

Quotebut Stumpy tends to overheat if we go further south than South Beloit.  

He's not the only one!

Dawn   :-[

Nate R

Topeka - No
Barber - No
BHF - Yes!  :D Wed Afternoon-Sunday

Next year I may be able to make more events than just BHFs and RA, if my wallet can. I'm starting a property maintenance business next spring for landlords and such, and thus I should have a truck that could double as a race transporter. And every race weekend will probably be a business trip. 36.5 cents per mile!  :D ;D

Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

Photo_Chick