News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Racing in your sleep

Started by StumpysWife, July 30, 2003, 12:29:13 PM

StumpysWife

Since I'm feeling chatty today, I thought this was funny,

During our first night home from the last BHF race, I woke up and saw it was light out, so I was ready to get up like at do at BHF, then I realized I was at home again so I must have said outloud, "We're not at the track."  Well Stumpy sits up and says, "We are too at the track, get up."  I said no, and he said "Yes, we're at the track" a few times before I told him to shut up and go back to sleep.  It was very weird, and Stumpy remembers being mad that I wouldn't go get in the shower so I'd be ready before security came around to wake everyone.

Well last night I had vivid dreams of shopping at a great clothing sale with Ben Bostrom!  He was finding so many deals!  We had such a good time together.  I never even knew I wanted to go shopping with him!  Who knew!

Finally, I just have to say Happy 22nd to my other Honda boy, Nicky!   (I'm sure he frequents this board quite often in his spare time.)  Unless I catch a flight to Japan, I won't be able to tell him in person like I did last year.:(  Those were the days...

BTW, I'm not seeing the 8 hour highlights on Speed's schedule anywhere.  :'(

Jeff

I just love the 1/2 awake, 1/2 asleep highside that causes me to JUMP about 2' out of bed and scares the crap out of my wife  :D
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

KBOlsen

John hates that too, cuz I usually end up whacking him when I land. ;D

I think he's afraid I'll try to save it by giving it more gas!!!
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Dawn

QuoteI just love the 1/2 awake, 1/2 asleep highside that causes me to JUMP about 2' out of bed and scares the crap out of my wife  :D

LOL!!!!

I have experienced those (from your wife's perspective).

Dawn   :)

tigerblade

I have racing dreams all the time.  
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

Dawn

QuoteI have racing dreams all the time.  

He was talking racing...  not wet....   :o  ;D

MightyDuc Racing

I seem to go through the start and first lap a lot before a race weekend.  I haven't highsided in my sleep yet, but I have lowsided and got back up in record time to keep going...lol.
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

Dawn

Paul woke up one morning and said "Wow, am I wore out this morning."  I looked at him confused and asked why.  

He said, "I was racing at BHF and the race never ended.  I must have done 500 laps on that track!  No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't pull into the pits."

Dawn   :)

rick

QuoteI just love the 1/2 awake, 1/2 asleep highside that causes me to JUMP about 2' out of bed and scares the crap out of my wife  :D
Heh, I had one of those this morning! Racing is soooo cool. :)

K3 Chris Onwiler

All of the above, and more...  Hate the highside dream!
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

spyderchick

QuoteWell last night I had vivid dreams of shopping at a great clothing sale with Ben Bostrom!  He was finding so many deals!  We had such a good time together.  I never even knew I wanted to go shopping with him!  Who knew!

Ok, Ben's a total hottie, so shopping with him would be so much fun.  ;) :D ;D

Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteJohn hates that too, cuz I usually end up whacking him when I land. ;D

I think he's afraid I'll try to save it by giving it more gas!!!
Hmmmmmmm.... :o
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com