MAM is a new sponsor for the Tularis...

Started by Dawn, July 28, 2003, 04:24:28 PM

Dawn

Here's the full story...

http://venus.13x.com/roadracingworld/scripts/NewsInsert.asp?insert=6852

I know how I felt when I read this.  What is your reaction?

Dawn   :-/

Tezboogie

EX#996

Well, to be truthful....

hurt
pissed
and one of those....  "well it figures"

For MAM it makes perfect business sense...  The Tularis is a unique motorcycle that draws attention no matter where it goes.  Attention from both the public and the media.

Personally however, we have put a lot of time and effort into this sport.  We bring as many people as we can to the track with us.  I forward the sites to my friends and family and say "Hey, look at this!"  Thank goodness for Lockhart Phillips and their program.  Contingency money is good, if it ever comes (p.s.  don't change tire brands or your screwed.   :'()

OK.....  I'll stop whining now.  I just wish, that someone would say, "Hey, let me get that for you."  Just once.

Dawn   :-/
Paul and Dawn Buxton

tigerblade

I think it's cool.  Don't be jealous of other peoples' successes...  ;)
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

SliderPhoto

So who was the ex-500 Moto GP champ?

I like the track, it's fun, but it's  f l a t.

Dirt bikes, watercraft, sounds cool. I still remember coming down the straight racing a drag car when poof, it's red parachute opened while I was braking for turn one. Kinda cool. :)

Dawn, uh, let me get that for you.  ;D

tigerblade

QuoteSo who was the ex-500 Moto GP champ?

ex-500 rider, not champ   ;)

It was Matt Wait.  
Younger Oil Racing

SliderPhoto

Quoteex-500 rider, not champ   ;)

It was Matt Wait.  

Ah... Well, they can put me down then too, I road a Kawasaki EX-500 once.  ;D :P

No disrespect to Matt Wait, it's just I hear that too much--this is as close to a gp track as it gets... whatever...

Dawn

QuoteAh... Well, they can put me down then too, I road a Kawasaki EX-500 once.  ;D :P

Many years ago, I road a Kawasaki KZ400 and proptly high-sided it....  The first words out of Paul's mouth - "Look what you did to my bike!

Sheesh!  

Dawn   ;)

Dawn

QuoteDawn, uh, let me get that for you.  ;D

Thanks Jack!

I needed that.

Dawn   :)

OmniGLH

If Jensen ever ran any events at MAM in the future, wouldn't that kinda present a conflict of interest?
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

tigerblade

QuoteIf Jensen ever ran any events at MAM in the future, wouldn't that kinda present a conflict of interest?

That will be interesting.  I don't think I've ever heard of a track sponsoring a machine or rider before?
Younger Oil Racing

Eric Kelcher

QuoteIf Jensen ever ran any events at MAM in the future, wouldn't that kinda present a conflict of interest?

Why he is not sponsored by the organization holding the races (ala AOD) but by the track and as long as the track does not offiacte the race how would it be a conflict of interest?
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition