New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

GMD  and Fuel Science  Contingency

Started by Steviebee, July 24, 2003, 04:50:03 PM

StuartV666

Call Kent at GMD in Atlanta for the REAL answer. (404) 297-8464

That said, I believe prices are as follows:

$150 to measure the bike.

If it's not straight, the prices to straighten it depend on what is bent. My R6 triple clamps have been bent every time they've checked them, whether I've gone down or not. They are usually $150 to straighten, if they pull them off the bike (vs. me doing it).

ONCE THE BIKE IS STRAIGHT, they can then Optimize it and that is another $550. When they did mine, they modified the fork preload spacer, set the fork sag, adjusted the fork ride height, adjusted the fork damping settings, swapped out my shock spring for a stiffer one, adjusted the shock ride height, set the shock sag, and adjusted the shock damping adjustments. They left my fork springs alone as Kent thought the ones Traxxion put in were actually the right rate for me.

Then, I went back to them after every track session over that weekend and talked to them about how the bike felt and they tweaked the settings each time. And each time, the bike got better. With a result of a 2 second per lap improvement at Jennings (where we were during all this).

- Stu